Today we bring a new update; Hydroponic Hell
Major additions include the new greenhouse map, and some funky mechanics to go with that ;) We've made some large changes to the office and saving, which means CORRUPTION! RUINED SAVES! DISASTER!
But, we also bring; Editor support! Oh yes! If you know UDK, or are willing to learn, you can now create your own maps! We'll be adding Workshop support as soon as we can as well. But for now, you'll have to find alternate means of hosting your maps :\ Also, more info on exactly how to package and prepare your maps for public release will follow :)
TO BE CLEAR! IMPORTANT: Janitor Office no longer saves automatically, either save it manually or enable Auto-Saving. Old save data may also be horribly corrupted!
To delete old saves, find the game's install directory, under "\Saves\" delete Save0.sav to remove level saves, and OfficeData.sav to remove Janitor office data.
And now some words!
With this update, we'll be taking a bit of a breather, during which time, we'll try and get the Mac build working, finish up Rooks Keep and take a few days off. There will be no more major updates until those two things are done :) Trading cards and Workshop support may make an appearance during this time, otherwise it'll come in a later update.
Also, before the next big update, we will be increasing the price ($10). Before that happens, we're going to try and make sure that the Mac build either works, or makes it known that it won't behave well enough to make it :\
- New 'Hydroponic Hell' map and mechanics.
- Editor support!
- Added several notes and announcement screens to Athena's Wrath.
- Fixed Athena plants preventing you from picking up stuff stuck in them.
- Improved Zero-G speedrun par time, you now have %35 more time to clean it.
- Made some fairly major changes to the Janitor Office...muhahaha
- Added flares and explosives to Unearthly Excavation.
- Fixed the malcontent lockers in the Janitor Office.
- Added Flares to Waste Disposal
- Prevented use of Cheats such as 'fly' and 'killnearestmess' while in Speedrun mode.
- Made the bucket reflect the color of filthy objects dropped into it, and not just always red.
- Added flares to the supply machines.
- Fixed players in MP not having the right colors when going to the office.
- Fixed bloody footsteps not saving their color.
- Added a 'Team Size' display to the Speedrun Punchout machine.
- Made 'Par time' display adjust according to extra players.
- Fixed "Restore >>" button on the Main Menu next to 'Speedrun' appearing when there is no save data.
Oh, and have some screenhots:
Thanks everyone, and we shall see you soon enough! :)
PS: Lets see some kick-ass maps too, please!
Hello mop-bearing minions!
Another small update this week, as we attempt more regular, smaller updates each week (when not drowning in admin work). List of changes below!
- Employee of the Month photo now remains in the office, allowing you to accumulate several.
- Fixed a problem in Athena's Wrath which caused some alien blood to appear Red instead of Green.
- Fixed spelling error in Athena's Wrath briefing.
- Improved player ability to handle heavy objects(Large Alien bits, Worker Legs, etc), now more manageable and more visible when held.
- Increase Speedrun mode difficulty by %50!
- Made speedrun take multiple players into account, each additional player now makes the score drop an extra %75 faster.
- Added a "Time Par" display to the speedrun stats, shows the expected time limit.
- Fixed the Rules menu not updating when you tick the Multiplayer box under the Speedrun section.
- Fixed map preview images sometimes not buggering off when you mouse over other buttons.
- Fixed a bug causing a Multiplayer Speedrun match to be hosted instead of a Singleplayer one.
- Improved visibility of "Exceptional" cleaning text on punchout screen during Speedrun mode.
- Added a setting for changing speedrun difficulty by altering the time allowance.
And that's it for today! We've got another tool in the works (the J-HARM ;) ), an expansive new map/environment complete with some neat mechanics to go along with it, and an extra small map or two ;)
Thanks ya'll, and keep up the good work! :)