FATE, you were my childhood!
FATE is a simply dungeon crawler - like Torchlight or Diablo - but less story (which isn't a problem). You have the task to create a character, choose your pet and go deeper and deeper into the dungeon.
++ It is an old RPG, but better than some today!
++ you can play it hours and hours (explore the different levels or just go fishing)
++ you can go fishing!
++ FATE is the wife of Diablo (the child is Torchlight - for info)
+ lots of little tasks, but everytime the same (kill that, find that, bring me that, etc.)
+ loads of weapons, armor and spells!
+ the monsters get bigger and stronger with every level
+ typical skilltree (strength, vitality, dexterity, magic)
+ money is not really necessary
+ easy achievments (except "Fate Ensured" - for that you have to beat the endboss)Also FATE is not that perfect!
- it's often the same...so I rushed the last 10 levels
- play it on hard, the remaining is too easy
- I don't like the sounds of the pets (they're too annoying)
- If you are fast, you are done with in 10 hours - but you can play further
- Ok ok ok ok. This game is from 2005, so don't expect the next Crysis.
- the endboss is not evertime the same...it's a minus point, because I had a fckng bug
- there are also dragons, but NO - it has to be a bug.
- the controls were a little bit tricky (in my opinion)
You've reminded me of my childhood - FATE - and thanks for that.
Buy it if you want to play an nice and old RPG!
congratulation to FATE: 8,5/10