Indsendt: 10. januar 2014
If you played old Flashback and liked it, the only thing why you can check this game, to remind storyline and watch cutscenes in 3D. All other aspects of the game will disappoint you greatly. If not, just pass, because it just ugly mutant pretending to be a good game.
Don't want to compare it with old game, it's like compare Alexander the Great with bum Alexander, just because they have same names.
So, just pros and cons.
Pros first, not many of them, really:
+ UE3 doing it's job well, so graphics there not bad
+ Customisable interface
+ Few cutscenes, not perfect, but may be watched once
- controls, devs tried to make hybrid between old scheme and modern, ummm, they failed
- aiming, you can turn your gun only in few angles
- difficulty, it's easy as hell (if do not count controls) , you can easily go face to face with 2 or more enemies and kill them all
- stupid air drones
-enemy placement and respawning
- useless levels and skills system
- Too talkative Conrad, he spam stupid phrases too often
- All other cutscenes, especially ending in the Death Tower
- Changes in story (lost and found girl for example)
- Even empty jungle looks more alive, then futuristic "should-be-overcrowded" city
- Level design
- Awful voiceover, I tried english and russian, it's like choosing between bad and worse
- Interface, overloaded with not needed information (at least most of it can be turned off in settings)
- Old version of Flashback included in the game, looks more like a joke in this arcade machine frame and without sound at all
nah, add also Uplay client as 3rd party DRM. (You need to install game, install uplay, update uplay, close it and finally run the game again)