STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
We added some more changes to the balance test build you can opt into, under 'betas' (no password).
Ok, we updated this build with some more changes today:
21. Increased inertia of effect of science funding on technology.
22. Increased inertia of effects from tech grants and tech colleges on technology.
23. Reduced effect and increased inertia of intel services on crime rate.
24. Reduced effect and increased inertia of phone tapping on crime rate.
25. Added inertia to effect from prisoner tagging to crime rate.
26. Reduced impact of youth club subsidies on crime rate.
27. Increased impact of poverty on crime rate.
28. Increased chance of armed robbery when handgun laws are low.
29. Increased chance of armed robbery when equality is low.
30. Pollution now slightly reduces tourism.
31. Increased cost of telecommuting initiative.
32. Reduced the impact of technology colleges on education.
33. Clean fuel subsidies now take longer to improve the environment.
34. Hyrbid car policy now takes longer to improve the environment.
35. Slowed down impact of hybrid car policy on car usage.
36. Hybrid car policy now boosts the income of the wealthy.
37. Lowered the triggering threshold for gridlock situation.
Once you have opted in and played some games, we really appreciate feedback on the changes. Thanks
There are more details here:
But basically we are trying a new 'beta balance patch' for the game that introduces a whole bunch of changes to the simulation which we think makes the game better balanced, more accurate and more fun. Here are the changes:
1. Unemployment now contributes towards obesity
2. Increased impact of car usage on traffic congestion
3. Increased base likelihood of a teacher shortage.
4. Unemployment now reduces the chance of a teacher shortage.
5. University Grants now increase the chance of a teacher shortage.
6. Reduced impact of CCTV on Armed Robbery.
7. Added impact of low inequality on Armed Robbery.
8. Changed equation for GDP impact on Alcohol Consumption to be non-linear.
9. Added impact on doctors and teachers strikes from trade union membership
10. Adjusted impact of state school funding on teachers strikes.
11. Added effect of wages on Teachers & Doctors Strikes.
12. Added effects of science funding and the environment to contagious disease.
13. Arts subsidies, Bus subsidies and community policing now reduce unemployment.
14. Adjustments to triggers for various events.
15. Increased impact of refugee crisis event.
16. Effects of corporate exodus event worsened.
17. Increased impact of Unemployment on CrimeRate.
18. Impact of religion on antisocial behaviour now linked to membership, not frequency.
19. Unemployment now linked to antisocial behaviour
20. Trade union and Socialist group memberships now contribute towards general strike.
You need to opt-in to the beta (right click the games name on steam no password...) right now to see the changes.
Please note this is currently windows english version only. Let us know what you think...
“Apparently somewhere between the genuine bona fide electrified six-car monorail, the prostitutes and the land mines, I lost the support of the electorate.”
“I returned to Democracy 3 in an attempt to put right the wrongs of my previous administration. On my first visit, I broke Britain, crushing its culture and creating a country reminiscent of Clockwork Orange, filled with gangs and ultraviolence.”
Rock Paper Shotgun
“Positech has made, I believe, one of the fullest real-world governance simulation games ever conceived. It’s engaging, it’s self-aware, and, at times, it’s funnier than anyone might have expected”
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.