Dreamkiller is a shooter that takes players inside the world of dark and twisted nightmares. Gamers take on the role of Alice Drake, a psychologist with the extraordinary ability to enter the minds of her patients and combat the ravenous foes haunting their dreams.
Release Date: Oct 12, 2009
View all 7 screenshots
Watch all 2 trailers
About the Game
Dreamkiller is a shooter that takes players inside the world of dark and twisted nightmares. Gamers take on the role of Alice Drake, a psychologist with the extraordinary ability to enter the minds of her patients and combat the ravenous foes haunting their dreams. Utilizing a host of fantastic weapons and her own special abilities, Alice confronts our common demons only to discover an even deeper menace reigns within. The ultimate showdown becomes inevitable between that which would torment and she who will protect, and only one force will prevail amidst a variety of dreamscapes as varied and bizarre as the human mind itself.
- The world of dreams and nightmares allows for each level to be a completely different environment with different sets of enemies
- In each dream world players can enter a secondary level of the subconscious – a world within a world – and encounter new enemies, weapons and power-ups
- Players can use Alice's teleportation powers to quickly zoom around rooms to dodge enemies and achieve a tactical advantage over enemies
- Alice’s weapons are massive and fierce, each featuring two unique attacks and outlandish ammunition including lightning bolts, lasers, sticky grenades and even "Happy Thoughts."
- OS: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 (Does not support Windows 95/98/ME/2000/NT)
- Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2)
- Memory: XP – 1 GB RAM, Vista – 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required – 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 256 MB Video Memory with Shader 3.0 support | ATI: Radeon HD 2600 | Nvidia: Geforce 7600
- Hard Drive: 10.1 GB + 1 GB Swap File
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- ATI RADEON HD 2600
- ATI RADEON HD 2900
- ATI RADEON HD 3850
- ATI RADEON HD 3870
- ATI RADEON HD 4850
- ATI RADEON HD 4870
- NVIDIA GEFORCE 7600
- NVIDIA GEFORCE 7800
- NVIDIA GEFORCE 7900
- NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600
- NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800
- NVIDIA GEFORCE 9600
- NVIDIA GEFORCE 9800
- NVIDIA GEFORCE 260
- NVIDIA GEFORCE 280
Supported Video Cards:
- Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core 5200+
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB 3D Hardware Accelerator Card | ATI: Radeon HD 3870 | Nvidia: Geforce 8800 GT
Dreamkiller is a trademark of Mindware Studios. Aspyr and the Aspyr "star" logo are federally registered trademarks of Aspyr Media, Inc., and may not be used or reproduced without the prior express written permission of Aspyr Media, Inc. All rights reserved. NVIDIA® and PhysX™ are trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation and are used under license. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.
2 of 2 people (100%) found this review helpful
300 products in account
5.3 hrs on record
I just can't recommend this. This is the most sluggish arena shooter I ever played. Weapons are lacking of kick, and levels are really uninspired. Just get one of the good Painkiller or Serious Sam games.
115 products in account
2.2 hrs on record
Awesome idea completely ruined by not giving a single ♥♥♥♥ about storys´ coherence and sense, a lack of variety or any interesting gameplay at all. Just don´t buy it, it´s a waste of time and money.