I love me some detective games, and this one is... well, worth buying for very, very, very cheap on a Steam sale.
If you're as big a fan of detective games as I am, then maybe I added an extra "very" or two, just now.
1) Voice acting: The voice acting is really bad. Sometimes the quality is, well... ugh. Enough said.
2) Animation: The animation is sub-par, today. I mostly speak of the mouth movements. Everything else is quite par.
3) Lockpicking: You can skip doing it altogether.
4) Issues: Now, this is an interesting con. I would have broken this one down into more than one part, but, the single word "issues" really sums it all up neatly. For instance, near the beginning of the game, it seemed quite impossible to be able to find a light switch in a blackened room, which prompted me to get frustrated and stop playing for months. And then, when I finally mustered up the jimmies (yes) to play it again, and use a walkthrough to figure out where the hell it was, I still couldn't find it with my cursor for quite some time.
Another instance was when trying to get around some NPCs to investigate; finnicky business, that, at times, but not awful. Just.... finnicky. You really have to play the game to know what I mean by just saying "Issues". It's definitely not (it can't be) a big-budget game, by any means, though it does have it charms, and humour enough to keep me interested.
1) Humour: The game has a good sense of humour, of which I won't spoil, because there's some fun quirkiness that you need to play into to appreciate.
2) Interactivity: The game is very interactive, for a point and click, and doesn't hold your hand too much with what you're doing. Though, as I said, Lockpicking was just... yes.
3) Story: The narrative is actually kind of interesting, once you... well, wrap your mind around it. Don't take this the wrong way; it's not complicated. It's just... a series of things happening, to the point of me not really remembering what sparked the narrative in the first place. But to be fair, I got frustrated and put this on hold for a few months. Maybe you would fare better..? All I remember is that I'm now framed for something I have to prove I didn't do, at this point. That's all I'll say, detail wise. That small tinge of con aside, it's amusing and not too shabby at keeping you engaged, so I take this as a positive thing.
4) Puzzles: The puzzle solving and clue finding is just what it should be; involved. You really need to think hard, search around, and try every angle you can to get the solutions your looking for. Some are easier than others, but none are 100% obvious.
If you like detective games, point and click, and something that feels a little rough around the edges, this is the game for you. As long as you don't mind the awkward and sometimes questionable quality of the voice acting...
If you are looking for something to keep you on your toes, immersed, and delving into the shady underbelly of society, well... not so much.
Do I recommend?
Sure, why not.
But only if it's very, very, very cheap.
(Did I add one too many again?)