The RUF-Automobile license for Assetto Corsa has been announced some time ago, allowing KUNOS Simulazioni to reproduce in its acclaimed racing game some of the most iconic cars of the German Car manufacturer.
KUNOS Simulazioni wishes to thank all Assetto Corsa fans and users with a new update, available as free gift item on Steam: the RUF CTR YELLOWBIRD is available today!
The Ruf CTR (Group C, Turbo Ruf) also known as the CTR Yellowbird or simply Yellowbird, was a limited-production, high performance sports car produced by Ruf Automobile of Germany.
Introduced for the 1987 model year and based on the Porsche 911, the CTR featured an enlarged and highly tuned version of Porsche's 3.2 litre flat-six cylinder engine, lightened body panels, an integrated roll cage (adding chassis stiffness in addition to occupant safety), upgraded suspension and braking systems, a custom-designed transmission, and several unique trim pieces such as polyurethane bumpers, and the use of the fender-mounted oil filter (a Porsche feature for the 1972 MY only) necessitated by relocating the oil tank forward to clear the intercooler on that side.
Developing 469 hp (350 kW) and 408 lb·ft (553 N·m) of torque and weighing in it at only 2,530 pounds (1,147 kg), the CTR provided stellar performance, with a 0-60 mph time of around 4 seconds and a top speed in excess of 200 miles per hour (320 km/h). Although a small group of vehicles such as the Ferrari F40 and Porsche 959 were faster to 60 miles per hour (97 km/h), the Yellowbird could outperform all competition when it came to top speed, topping out at 211 miles per hour (340 km/h), a top speed that made it the fastest sports car in the world at the time of its release.
The car received its nickname, "Yellowbird", during testing by Road & Track magazine, whose staffers noted the contrast created by its yellow paintwork against the overcast skies on the day of their photo shoot.
KUNOS Simulazioni would like to thank all of you for the great support you gave to Assetto Corsa: we hope you enjoy this great new car as well as we enjoyed to reproduce and include it in our game.
Our best regards
The KUNOS Simulazioni development team.
- Ruf CTR Yellowbird added
- Added /client_list and /kick_id server admin commands to ban drivers with international character names
- Fixed caret blinking period for text input boxes
- Disabled OculusVR demo mode
- Now blurred wheel objects work properly on car lods
- Added support for brake lights dimmed when car lights is on
- Server now correctly answer to launcher in LAN mode
- AI now brakes better in the pitlane
- Fixed problems with remote car colliders not properly turned off when disconnected
- Fixed DRS triggered from wheels
- More robust session status sync between server and clients
- Improved feedback to the kicked or disconnected user
- Improved car height calculation for a more uniform setup validation
- New Alfa Romeo Giuletta Q.V. 2014 Launch Edition
- Eliminated FFB vibration at 30kmh
- Updated tyre model for all cars
- Corrected bug in F40 old and street tyres
- Modifications on Lotus 98T and F.Abarth Aero map
- Modifications in engine brake on some cars
- Improved post processing effects
- New post processing effects
S2-B&W - HI
- New and improved photomode feature. Photomode activates from the replay User Interface
- New carbonfibre shader for cockpits of: bmw z4 gt3, bmw m3 gt2, Ferrari f40, Ferrari 599xx, Ferrari 458 gt2, ktm xbow, lotus evora gtc, lotus evora gtx, mclaren mp4-12, mclaren mp4-12 gt3, p4/5, tatuus
- Dirt layer optimization
- New skins for some cars, more to follow
- Small bug and fixes on trento bondone, magione, Spa Francorchamps
- Fmod project updated: no critical changes, just check volumes and envelopment for each event and mixer groups
- New sounds for Lotus Type 49, Ferrari F40 and Ferrari 312T
- Audio latency level can now be set in the launcher: available options are Normal, Low and Very Low
- Fixed FMod bug in multiplayer mode causing FPS drops
- Fixed wind volume for both stereo and surround configurations (default value: 0.7)
- Fixed bodywork sound audible for some cars when standing still
- Improved exterior sounds spatialization for surround speakers configurations
- Improved and balanced gearshift, backfire and limiter sounds
- improved positional sound for surfaces
- Overall volume balance
- Other minor audio fixes and improvements
- Added cutscenes for some of the career series.
- Improved algorithm for AI level while racing should give closer racing
- Inverted steering wheels and negative camber corrected for multiplayer clients
- Multiplayer basic admin tools:
Added simple admin commands using the chat window. It is important to set the "ADMIN_PASSWORD" in the server_cfg.ini file, an empty ADMIN_PASSOWORD will disable admin commands.
/help: prints the list of the available commands
/admin: become administrator for the server. ex, if the password is "kunos" the command is "/admin kunos"
/next_session: moves to next session
/restart_session: restart the session
/kick: kick a user using the rules (blacklist etc) of the server. To kick a player named "The Player": /kick The Player
- GT2 and GT3 cars, F.Abarth, Exos and Exos S1, M3 E30 GrA and DTM have now the modified tyre model
- LaFerrari has modified active aero and tyre model
- BMW M3 E30 street car has modified tyres (all compounds) as an example of street tyres new model.
- GT2 and GT3 cars have now the "old" FFB gain settings in their physics. Obviously the min FFB slider still works on them too. Please try and report back
- Zonda R, Huayra, 599XX have now tyres that are more load sensitive and more speed sensitive. Laptimes should be slower. Please give feedback on driving feel. Keep in mind you're going to be slower, give it some time.
- Minimum FF force implemented. Can provoke STRONG vibrations in the center zone, use as low as possible!
- All cars have new FF gain values to eliminate FF clipping. You might need to raise your FF gain values on your configuration or add a bit of minimum. Advice 0.12 for logitech wheels, much lower for other wheels. Experiment and report on beta forums
- Difficulty level slider on career
- Much more laps possible on single player quick and weekend races when fuel consuption is off
- Added diffuser stall on low speed for tatuus formula Abarth.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.