This game will unlock in approximately 6 days and 19 hours
And off we go! I mentioned in my last post about all the things we’ve been working on, and now we can proudly say that we are launching in just under a month, on May 12, 2015.
Check out the new trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am_8xRt37JE
Here is a recap of what’s happening:
We have an Invisible, Inc. development update for you. Check out our post on the Steam forums for information on what the team has been up too and what to expect as we head toward launch.
It's now been 2.5 months since our last game update. At a high level, we’ve worked hard to utilize Early Access to realize the vision of Invisible, Inc. With your help, we’ve been able to determine how the core mechanics of the game interacts with players, patch systemic flaws, and expand the parts that are really working. After a few months of tuning, it was clear the core mechanics were working as intended, and what the game really needed was a whole lot of polish.
We’re now closing in on launch date. We have a few loose ends to figure out before we nail down the exact date, but there are some things that we’re pretty sure about:
First, we’re going to be launching sometime in May. It’s not completely nailed down yet, but we’ll be announcing it once we’ve worked it out with all the involved parties. This marks about a 9 month Early-Access cycle and, as always, we’ve been pretty adamant to make sure the game is in a solid, playable state the entire way through. We want our launch update to go out with a bang, and we’ve been working tirelessly toward that.
Second, once we announce the launch date, we’ll be turning off Early-Access sales. We want to make sure that as we start talking about this in as many places as possible, new players have the best experience possible, rather than play the interim build. We’ve done a ton of work on helping new players ramp up -- once again, thanks for giving us the feedback to make this happen.
As always, Early Access players will continue to have access to the current development build, and you’ll get the full game at launch.
So, what have we been working on? Here are but a few things, in a deliberately vague list:
We're uh… basically polishing everything in the game, so there’s a lot here we haven’t covered.
- Fully realized story and world, with 2 fully-animated cinematics.
- All new voice over (over 1000 lines recorded!).
- A massive balance pass on all the items and programs, and a few new items, augments and programs to round off the suite.
- The Final Mission (dun dun dun).
- 3 new starting programs which vastly change your playstyle.
- 4 new agents, and a balance pass on existing agents, each with their own special augments and items.
- A daemonic new enemy, in the new Plastech corporation.
- World generation and gameplay options screen, where you can set the game up as you see fit.
- Expert Plus mode -- for those who want the ultimate Invisible, Inc. challenge.
- A revamped Endless mode with increasing difficulty as the days progress, up to difficulty 10 missions.
- New music for every corporation, final mission, and more.
- A giant upgrade to the UI, sound, FX and visuals.
So here we are, about a 6-8 weeks from launch. This is Klei’s 9th game in 10 years, and it’s a real pleasure to keep making these games with you folks. Thank you once again for your patience, feedback, and support over the years. It’s greatly appreciated.
Update 9 is now live. Check out the notes on our forums for some more details and a cool poster!
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.