"Colourful, fun and memorable, its elements mesh surprisingly well." - 85% - PC Gamer
"Delightful merger of role-playing, strategy, and action...Dragon Commander is a gem." - 8/10 - Gamespot
"Divinity: Dragon Commander came out of nowhere to become one of my favorite games of the year. Swift, brutal dragon combat paired with large RTS battles works way better than I ever expected it to." - 8/10 - Venturebeat
"Proper strategy, like mama used to make... its loveable nature and repertoire of charming tricks absolutely wins the day." - Rock Paper Shotgun
"Dragon Commander manages to combine all of its different gameplay elements and delivers one cohesive experience that's highly worth playing" - 4/5 - Gamesradar
"Larian has created a unique, engrossing combination of strategy, political choice and rapid battlefield command." - 8/10 - Incgamers
You are the Dragon Commander. Your mission it is to reunite a broken empire and become the new emperor. Success depends entirely on your ability to efficiently rule your empire, build invincible armies and lead them to victory. Your secret weapons: your tactical insights, your leadership skills and your ability to turn yourself into a dragon.
Dragon Commander is not just any strategy game - it seamlessly blends real-time strategy gameplay with turn-based campaigning, role-playing an ascending emperor and controlling a formidable dragon.
- Real time strategy: Command your sea, land and air forces in real-time. Combined operations and knowing where and when to hit are crucial elements of any victory.
- Dragon Combat: During real time strategy mode, you can turn into a dragon to support your troops in combat and obliterate the enemy using your formidable dragon powers.
- Turn based campaign: Direct your conquest on the turn-based world map; plan several moves ahead, build formidable armies and invest in the right technology or magic upgrades.
- Rule your empire: You are the emperor and you make the decisions! But beware, political balance is easily upset. Each game is different and you'll find that a Dragon Commander needs to make really tough decisions. Feel the effects of your decisions on the battlefield as the war progresses.
- Single-player, multiplayer and co-op modes: Play the single player story-driven campaign or test your mettle against other Dragon Knights, online or local via LAN. Start your own multiplayer campaign with or against a friend. Or duke it out on a skirmish map.