This has got to be one of the most annoying games I've played in years.
It starts off all right, but as I moved through the story I ghot more and more frustated by the minut.
ok anyway, good and bad things about the game.
- the combat is more skill based than other games
- the combat can actually be challenging at times, that's a good thing
- the animations are smooth and so is the gameplay
- the loot (for you loot ♥♥♥♥♥s) is easy to get, press e, boom. No going through bags and stuff, you just get it all.
- the UI, inventory, quest management and so on is pretty well organised and easy to follow
- the idea for the core of the story is not bad
- swear words! I like swear words in computer games!
- the voice acting is pretty good even if the actual text is really weak
and that's it, I honestly can not think of anything else that's good about the game. (in my experience and from my point of view).
- it boasted player choice, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, I can not count the amount of times I was given a choice, only for the opposite of what I'd chosen to be forced on me. Even when rescuing a guy who got lost in the sewars, I was forced to bring him back to camp before moving on in the sewars just a little further to complete a second quest that was close by
- the conversations with NPCs are bad, terrible
- it's a rip off of Dragon Age in many ways even going as far as having the "suspicious witch" (Morrigan)
- there was a tooltip saying that it was important to shop when in town. I was looking forward to going to town, you never do.
- speaking of which, nothing I found in shops was ever useful to me
- the enemies are totally unbalanced (I don't mean too hard, I mean sometimes too easy and sometimes too hard). Not to mention the last boss who is ♥♥♥♥ing ridiculous even if you switch down to easy mode. I had a harder time fighting 3 recruits than the Lord of Ice
- the "classes" are forced on you, I wanted to play 100% warrior but leveled much higher and maxed that tree early on.
- the story is really short, there are only 4 acts and there really aren't many hours of gameplay
- the friends you take with you are entirely useless !! I mean totally useless, they do no damage at all to the NPC enemies, the only use in having them tag along is in tanking some of the lowbie mobs (for a short while before they die)
- though the combat is the strong part of the game (imo) some aspects of it drove me mad. For example, it does happen that in the case of point and click fights I spam the mouse button. That usually isn't a problem but in this game, the commands are chained for a bit, so if the mob does something which requires you to use another skill, you have to wait for the chain of attacks which you spammed to finish. That was very annoying.
- You'll probably finish the game in less than 20 hours even if you do all the side quests.. that's very short imo.
Some people asked on forums whether this game was like Dark Soul, I haven't played Dark Soul yet, however I can tell you that on normal difficulty (Hawk), I died regularly in common fights. That's a good thing though, cause there is a bit of player skill involved in the combat.
One last thing, I didn't put the graphics in either good or bad because even though they are not very good, they aren't very bad either. The environment is mostly cartoony than real but I guess that also means you get a high FPS and smooth gameplay.
All in all, even though I bought this game with a 75% discount, I regreted it and would only recommend it for someone looking for a cheap RPG but who has really nothing else to play.
PS The last boss is ridiculous, did I mention that?