About the Game
Sir, You Are Being Hunted is a procedurally-generated British horror in which tweed-wearing robots hunt you for sport. Roam the landscape, scavenge for food, hide breathlessly in the undergrowth, flee in terror, and even fight back with stolen weapons.
Sir is a stealth and survival game unlike any other.
- First-person stealth and survival.
- Procedurally-generated British landscape.
- Three biomes to explore: rural, mountainous, and fenland.
- Infinite replayability in a sandbox world.
- Powerful, brutal AI that becomes tougher as you play.
- Tea and biscuits.
- Foliage-based stealth system.
- Scavenge to survive.
- Play as Sir or Madam.
- Relentless Britishness.
Can You Get Home In Time For Tea?
Sir, You Are Being Hunted is set on a mysterious archipelago generated by you, and unique for each game. You can define your own islands, each one created in moments by our rather clever British Countryside Generator. These islands are then populated by a raving aristocracy of murderous robots, their robot hounds, and worse. You job is simply to survive.
Search the islands for a means to get home, or die trying. You're not entirely alone, though: The disembodied voice of Walters, your butler, will help you and offer advice.
Early Access Roadmap
Sir is already in pretty good shape, and you can play through the game beginning to end. It's not a traditional linear FPS, and instead is a big sandbox where lots of systems interact. The alpha will see us putting more and more of those systems - mainly in the form of robot AI - into the game. We're aiming for monthly updates, but they might be even more regular than that as we stress test some of the big systems. As an early access player we'll want you to help us with questions like: are there enough resources in the world? Does the world-generation feel right? How do new robots change the dynamics of the world? Your feedback will shape the direction the game goes in, and even help define the features we implement.
These are some of the features lined up for the coming weeks and months:
- The industrial biome: a bleak new landscape based on post-industrial northern Britain
- Hunter-gatherer systems: hunt wildlife and exploit the native plants to survive.
- The poacher robot: with his traps, blunderbuss, and stealth attacks
- The gigantic landowner: a terrifyingly alien robot stalking the islands for blood
- The castle biome: the shattered remains of a medieval castle where tourists are welcome to flee in terror from the heavily armed locals.
- Character customisation and unlocks: set up your character before braving the archipelago, with new starting equipment and fresh tweeds
- The riders, the bog creature, and the scarecrow: three grim new enemies.
- Full audio pass: adding even more atmosphere to our bleak islands.
- Generation tools: more control over island generation exposed to you guys, the players.
- Multiplayer: more than one hunted on the island, but only one can escape! A free expansion for all.
We'll be ironing out bugs and improving gameplay systems as we go, too, so make sure you post your thoughts and findings the forums. One of the great challenges of a game like this is that the permutations of the procedural, sandbox systems are near infinite: we need the power of thousands of gamers to help us identify everything that the game can do, and everything it can do wrong!
Help Us Complete Our Vision!
We believe that freeform games which allow the player to decide what they want to do, and give them the tools to do it, represent the most exciting avenue of game development. Between our use of procedural tools to create the world, and the implementation of a proactive independent AI system, we want you to feel like the world is alive, and not simply triggering the scripts we laid out in front of you. We believe freedom and choice are the most exciting aspects of gaming, and it's our mission to put those at the forefront of the games we make. With your help, we can make that a reality.