Přidáno: 15. dubna
Okay...I love terrible games. I especially love terrible games that are trying to be something when they just, clearly, can't be it. I like subtext, I like mystery, and I can deal with gameplay being a little wonky if there's something there I really like; even if it's just a concept, this fails on all accounts.
That being said, I've played much, much, much worse. It's an abandoned project by the developer, and it really shouldn't be! Much larger projects that are much less ambitious have better reviews and higher sales, and I feel like this was just a failed experiment, but it's only failed because it's billed as a "Complete" game.
It feels like an early access game, and I would like to see the developer maybe come back to it and play around with it? Apparently, because of some posts I read on the forums, this probably isn't going to happen..
Look, a few very minor things could make this a recommendation on the budget end of the spectrum as far as games go. Here are my (helpful) suggestions, that I'm sure have been made more than once:
1. Fix the sound. Take all the sounds and have them mastered by a studio. Heck, even by a cheap studio that doesn't have that much experience, just do it.
2. Drop the price to 1.99 or less, and take a lesson from the Orion team - who turned around a horribly broken game into something that's really silly, but fun enough to be entertaining.
3. Rewrite your main character's part. You are absolutely NOT going to create another Duke Nukem. Stop trying.
4. Get more voice actors, and make sure that their recordings are, again, mastered, so they sound like they were all recorded in the same session and in the same studio.
5. Can the music, and get new music.
6. Graphically, it isn't bad. However, fix the stuff that you've tried to make stand out so it's a little LESS obvious. This can't be hard to do.
7. Test, test, test. Put this back into Beta or even Alpha level testing. There IS potential here for something.
8. The potential for what is here is something that doesn't take itself too seriously. No one takes this game seriously except for the people who worked on it, and that's extremely clear. I'm not saying rebuild the whole thing, I'm saying take the negative and turn it into a positive. Open up to the community so they can make mods to make it a little more playable, or accept their suggestions.
9. Ignore people who want to poop on everything. This game isn't the worst game ever made, but for the love of God, it needs work.
All in all - no, I don't recommend it. Not for the price, not for the gameplay, definitely not for the sound, and not for the weird bizzaro lighting. Where it gets points is for doing certain things early on and being overly ambitious. Crafting system - good idea. Weapons - pretty neat. Battle - really lame. In other words, the ideas are there, but it takes itself too seriously and comes across extreeeemely poorly in its presentation.
Very little work would be required to make this something good, but it will never be great.
3/10 - Come back to it, fix it, this is your child - don't abandon it like a crappy parent.