People have been asking for a while, and it's finally happened. Contraption Maker is now on Linux! We are excited to be available for a whole new batch of players that didn't have access to our game before. Can't wait to see what sort of awesome contraptions and puzzles you all contribute to the Workshop! You can check out the recommended system requirements on our store page.
Note: it may take some hours for the Linux build to propagate to all of the Steam servers. If it's not available for you yet, please wait a while and try again later.
We are making our Linux debut in the Humble Indie Bundle 14! If you pay more than the average price (around $6), you get Contraption Maker and 8 other terrific Indie games. So for a little less than the price of Contraption Maker currently, you get a whole bunch of other games, as well as the DRM-Free off Steam version.
Now we don't have a huge team here available to do a bunch of testing on this Linux build. We are confident that it is a stable build, but there may be a couple things that have slipped by us. Please report any issues you find in the bug reporting forum, and we will address them as soon as we can.
Are you a new player here from Linux or the Humble Bundle? Be sure to check out our Build-Off contest that is going on. If you make the best contraption, you can win Steam games of your choice!
Submissions for this contest are no longer being accepted
Here we are again with another Build-Off contest. Because your submissions for the Build-Offs have been getting better and better, we want to try something different this time. Instead of one week for submissions, this submission window is going to be open for two weeks! This will give everyone all the time they need to make the most awesome contraption that they can think up. As usual, the winners of the Build-Off will receive Steam games of their choice!
Here are all of the details for the contest. PLEASE READ OVER THEM CAREFULLY. We will NOT accept submissions that don’t follow all the rules!
It's the classic rivalry of cat vs. dog. Make a contraption around the theme of "Waldo vs. Tinker". Interpret this how you want (not every entry needs to just be a physical fight). You can use as many and any parts that you want to, but just make sure that your contraption is focused on this central theme.
How to Enter
- At any time during the entry period, create a contraption and submit it to the Steam Workshop. Submit it as a contraption, not a puzzle.
- In your contraption description, make a note that it is a submission for the CM Waldo vs Tinker Build-Off
April 1st, 2015 @ 10:00 AM PST to April 15th, 2015 @ 5:00 PM PST. Entries submitted before or after this time period will not be accepted.
- Entries for this contest must be created by you, and cannot be the work of someone else.
- Do not submit something that was submitted to the Workshop before the contest date. Even if you were the creator, this is not allowed.
- Entries must be submitted to the Steam Workshop as a Contraption, not as a puzzle.
- We can disqualify someone at any time if they are found to be cheating.
- One entry per user only. You can change your submission up until the completion date, but you cannot submit multiple entries.
The 3 scoring categories are: technique, originality, and presentation.
- Technique: How technically impressive is your contraption? How much does it make the judge say, “I can’t believe they actually pulled that off.”
- Originality/Creativity: Are you using parts in a new and original way? Are you doing something nobody else has thought of?
- Presentation: Don’t just submit your contraption on the default blue background. Add some pretty scenery, animate it, give a nice backstory to what’s happening in the contraption.
- 1st Place: $100 worth of Steam Game(s)*
- 2nd Place: $60 worth of Steam Game(s)*
- 3rd Place: $30 worth of Steam Game(s)*
Based of price of the games in the US Steam Store.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will all have their contraptions featured in the Editor’s Choice section of the Workshop as well.
*Games will be gifted to your Steam account. Winner may choose more than one game, but the total must be equal to or less than the given amount. Must have a Steam account to claim prize, no substitutes. Prize MUST be claimed by April 29th, 2015.
- The contest runs for two weeks. During this time, players can create, submit, and edit their entries.
- Once the contest is over, the judges will take a few days to review and anonymously rate the submitted contraptions.
- Contraptions will be judged in 3 categories with a score of 1-10 in each category. The contraption with the highest total score will be the winner.
- There can be multiple winners at any prize level in the case of a tie.
- This contest is NOT a random drawing. Submissions will be judged by us, the developers of Contraption Maker.
- By entering this contest, you agree to let us use your Steam name and avatar when announcing winners or talking about the contest.
- Previous Build-Off winners are still eligible to win.
Have fun, and good luck!