Patch 2 is here! This update brings over 4300 words' worth of changes and improvements, but we expect most of you will want the most important bits, so here they are!
- Large amount of memory optimizations, particularly with audio, to improve performance and stability on lower-spec systems and 32-bit operating systems.
- Fixed enemy “unlimited AP” movement bug that allowed them to sometimes move much farther than intended.
- Extensive improvements and fixes to California questlines, particularly in Hollywood and Griffith Park. May require you to load an older save file before Hollywood to fully benefit.
- Added a travel speed toggle to the world map, allowing you to zip and zoom around if you so please (doesn't affect encounters, only travel speed).
- Added a new UI when CNPCs are recruited. This lets you more easily compare their stats and choose to dismiss one when a new one offers to join.
- Custom portraits will now work correctly when Windows account username contains non-English characters.
- Added support for "Very Large" text.
- Added 50 messages to load screens containing gameplay hints and tips.
- Loading now continues when the game is tabbed out, and pauses after finishing.
- Further UI fixes and improvements, such as new and correctly used icons.
- Many localization updates and bug fixes across all languages.
For full release notes, please see: http://wastelandrpg.tumblr.com/post/99930440396/wasteland-2-patch-2-58154-release-notes
The first patch for Wasteland 2 just went live. View full patch notes on our tumblr.
- Removed unused DX11 support to improve stability and allow Steam overlay to work properly
- Many UI fixes/polish for better ease of use and readability
- Slight reduction to jam rates for large offenders
- Added mini-maps to all shrine locations
- Improved localizations based on context and fixes for missing translated text
- Preserved time stamps on save games when using Steam Cloud
- Optimization pass to some of the more expensive levels.
“Along with Bard's Tale, Wasteland was one of the games that made me want to make games. I was privileged that Brian gave me the opportunity to work on Fallout, and I have missed those games. Getting to play Wasteland 2 is like getting to return to your past and finding out that it is still as fun as you remember.”
Feargus Urquhart/CEO Obsidian & Lead Designer Fallout 2
“InXile can be really proud. Not only did they pave the Kickstarter road for CRPGs, they over-delivered with the end result and crafted a rich experience which will keep me busy for a long time.”
Swen Vincke/Creative Director of Divinity: Original Sin
“Brian and his team have managed to do the impossible, to recreate the magic that I felt playing Fallout for the first time.”
Brian Hicks/ Producer of DayZ
inXile entertainment Inc., 2727 Newport Blvd., Newport Beach, CA 92663. Copyright 2014 inXile entertainment Inc., Wasteland, the Wasteland logos, and inxile entertainment and the inXile entertainment logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of inXile entertainment Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Copyright 2002 - 2014, inXile entertainment, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Fallout is a registered trademark of Bethesda Softworks LLC
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.