Julkaistu 3. tammikuu.
Well, it's Catan, one of the most popular European type board games in the world! The Steam version offers the same experience just without wasting time on board setup. Two expansions are included – "Seafarers" and "Cities and Knights". You can play two campaigns, custom scenarios, online scenarios (downloadable community-made scenarios) or make your own maps. You can play single player or in hotseat up to 4 players.
– Multiple maps and scenarios
- Game editor
- Still supported by game developers (kind of)
- Takes only 1-2 hours per game
- Not all rules are well explained in the tutorial (like what is dice stack mode and stack mode 5?)
- From trade interface it is not always clear who is trading what and with whom; it is especially a problem for beginners and in hotseat mode, when you have to be very careful about the player's name splashing for a second before the resource exchange
- Game crashes quite often and there are bugs here and there, although after the last update, it's much less of a problem than before
- Achievements do not always work
- AI is cheating. Here's why:
1) Dice rolls are not random. According to the game's tutorial and game theory, the results should be evenly distributed from 2 to 12, however that is not the case. Often, if you have settled near 6 or 8, which are the most likely combinations, you don't get those results for multiple rounds. And, when you're few points away from victory, 7 starts to fall in every or every second throw, which means that you'll be discarding you're extra resources and AI characters will be throwing robber/pirate at you (again – you loose resources)
2) AI character's are not playing to win themselves, they are playing to keep you from victory. I noticed that, in the beginning, the AI characters are never stealing from the human player, but if the human player is close to victory, they are stealing only from the human player, even if the other players have much more resources.
Suggestions for developers:
- Make dice throws random!
- Include all the expansions
- Include multiplayer
Hotseat game with human players: 8.5/10
Scenario mode with AI players: 7/10