I only started playing this month and personally the game's been amazing so far.
It has my perosnal favourite components for a great game:
- Free to play
- Strategic design (feels like tower defence + puzzle)
- Micro control (reaction time, skill rotation, and maneouvering)
- Competitive ranking system
- User generated content
However, this game is not for everyone.
1. Players may feel cheated everytime a castle has a seemingly impossible design.
Players should be ready to attempt a castle over and over again, trying different approaches until you've become confident that you will beat it when you see it again (see problem 2 below). You are not penalized after your first failure but instead rewards you nicely once you've managed to beat a castle. It helps to see the game as an interactive puzzle.
2. Most castles are derivatives of each other which can make the game exhausting.
This problem will vanish once you have figured out several ways to beat the repetitions. You may even make a more foolproof version for your own. I personally find joy in creating a trap-puzzle game that only has one approach as a solution, and I don't get all the ideas by myself.
*This is a tentative review after reaching level 18 (in a week) with highest point being at ~700 crowns.
**These are presented more as opinianated guidelines rather than facts.
Hope you can take what you need from this review.