Hey all, this update addresses some huge problems with Showdowns, and adds some handy new features that many have requested. Thanks for being patient while I stamped out the bugs and made some new tweaks.
Here's what's been changed:
- Showdowns work properly now! There were some problems I overlooked with the new way scoring was being calculated. Now match showdowns and Master of The House victories should be weighed against each other as originally intended.
- New Camera Lock option for those who found the camera movement to be unsettling.
- For Windows, you can now map the directional axes in Uncommon controller mode.
- Slashing the Goo in Cemetery levels no longer stalls you like normal walls.
- Moving Platforms move during level select again.
- Player No. displays above pause menu.
Here's some other bug fixes:
- Bug Fix for players getting a point for killing themselves after a sword clash
- Fixed infinite falling corpses.
- Fixed Crash if player picks up a head and lays down.
- Alternate blood display mode if shaders are not supported by your system.
Thanks to the feedback I got from tweets, emails, and from here on steam, I was able to whip up a patch that should address a couple dire bugs people encountered.
I also took the chance to polish some other corners of the game.
This patch includes the following:
- Screen Scaling fix. Large window should no longer have tiny playable space.
- 1v3 Team Battles fixed
- Fixed crash bug with shooting bullets into the portal in Cemetery level "Crossing". Also, bullets now come out from the other side instead of just disappearing.
- Fixed crazy slowdown in Fortress level "Sink".
- 'Uncommon' gamepad setting fix.
- Better feedback for hitting rocks.
- 4 frame input buffer for sword strikes.
- Control configuration names are saved and no longer default to 'arrows + poiu' etc.
- Fixed pixel tearing above spawn points in some snow levels.
- Fixed Player 4's kills/lives not showing up.
- Fixed bodies vanishing when touching moving platforms.
If you encounter any weirdness yourself, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
, tweet me @teknopants, or just shout really really loud so I can hear you no matter where you are.
Just kidding don't wake the neighbors.