Deluxe Edition includes The Banner Saga and The Banner Saga - Soundtrack
Banner Saga Update - April 16th
We’re releasing a rather large update for The Banner Saga and it includes the Linux + SteamOS versions of the game. We know it took a while, but we had to do things the right way rather than rush anything out. We're also happy to be having a 50% off sale for the weekend to accompany this update!
We’re happy were the Linux + SteamOS turned out. We've tested primarily on SteamOS Beta and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. If you have any issues on your system, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are very pleased with the way the game feels when played with a gamepad. We tested with the primary 4 controllers: Xbox One, Xbox 360, Playstation DualShock 3, and Playstation DualShock 4. We also tested with a variety of generic gamepads. However, if you use an unrecognized controller, you still might be able to configure it when prompted by the game. If you do this successfully, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can incorporate your configuration into the game for everyone else.
The Steam Cloud saves will help ensure that your save games are more permanent and available for The Banner Saga 2. When you start the game for the first time, the game will automatically upload your old save games into the Steam Cloud.
Here are the Major Points and Release Notes for this build
· Linux + SteamOS
· Big Picture
· Full Gamepad
· Steam Cloud Saves
· Ported the game to Linux and SteamOS
· Added Steam Big Picture support
· Added Gamepad support for Xbox and Playstation compatible controllers
· Graphical renderer completely rewritten and optimized using Starling and Stage3d for Windows and Mac OS X platforms. This puts more load on your GPU, instead of the CPU. You can still use the old renderer by adding the command line option "starling=false" without the quotes.
· Added zooming with mouse wheel
· Fix issue preventing achievements earned in offline play from uploading to Steam when Steam finally reconnects
· Fix issue with the silver arrow
· Fix issue causing Silver Arrow to be unusable in the Bellower Fight
· Hero Stat upgrade GUI improved with new 'add' and 'subtract' buttons
· Fix several grammar and spelling issues
· Fix issue where Egil is still available for fight after being betrayed
· Battle Horn no longer deducts stars if they cannot be used on the active hero
· Command line options format has changed. See the Developer Cheatsheet for more information.
“Game of Thrones Meets Vikings Meets Disney. The Banner Saga is blindingly lovely and arguably just as intriguing to play. Built atop a world that all but demands the attention of travel documentaries, it's epic in the literal sense of the word.”
100% – US Gamer
“With a refreshingly unique aesthetic, well-written story, and challenging gameplay, The Banner Saga is an excellent adventure well worth your time.”
90% – Games Radar
“The Banner Saga deserves commendation for the strength of its art and music experience alone, which shatters conventions.”
86% – IGN
The Banner Saga will be available on SteamOS and Linux in March 2015.
The Deluxe Edition – Combines The Banner Saga with the official soundtrack which includes 29 tracks by Grammy nominated, and two time BAFTA Award winning, composer Austin Wintory, performed by the Dallas Winds orchestra plus a powerhouse trio of acclaimed YouTube sensations: vocalists Peter Hollens and Malukah and violinist Taylor Davis.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.