A very solid strategy-RPG that does more or less everything well, and some things outstandingly so.
- 20 to 30-hour game, it's just long enough to feel like an adventure. But the challenge helps make up for that.
- The battles are all premade, which somewhat limits replay value. But many battles have different approaches and you can choose your team.
- Most of the team members don't have any character-specific dialogue, it's based on their class and/or traits.
- Managing rations/food processing gets to be a chore, especially if you're giving some people double rations.
- Fitting and immersive soundtrack, good battle themes.
- Very good writing, extremely important in a game like this.
- Meaningful roleplaying choices which affect the resource management, the battles and the endings.
- Well-balanced difficulty on Normal settings.
- Good artstyle and tidy presentation. Nothing mindblowing but very fitting for a semi-historical RPG.
So overall, if you like what you see on the store page and it'll run on your system, get it. I bought it at like 5 times what it costs now that it's bundled and I don't regret it, because it's worth a good bit more than a buck. Looking forward to more Expeditions games, and I know I'll come back to this one sometime.
Yayınlanma: 16 Haziran 2014