April 10th, 2014
Come Visit Us in Boston April 11-13!
Hey, quick question – do you like games? Maybe that’s too vague… do you like our games, and seeing those games, and playing those games, and meeting the people who made those games, and getting some sweet swag related to those games while in the company of gamers who are way into games? Well, if you happen to be attending PAX East, which is happening in Boston, April 11-13, we’re going to be there this year, and we’re bringing games!
Paradox is proud to join the fun this year at PAX East, where we’ll have our own booth (#648) full of magnificence. That magnificence will include stations where you can come and play War of the Vikings and Magicka: Wizard Wars – enough stations to allow 4v4 battles in each game! We’re also going to be showing off Wealth of Nations for Europa Universalis IV, which hasn’t even been made available to the public yet. Plus, a bunch of swell folks from Paradox Development Studio will be there with dedicated PCs of their own, and those guys haven’t been made available yet either!
We’re prouder still to announce that we’re going to be working with AbleGamers at PAX under the banner “Everyone Can Game.” The AbleGamers Charity enables gamers with disabilities to enjoy the fun and freedom that only games can provide and works with publishers and technology providers to minimize the barriers to fun for everyone. Visit the Pachinko for Charity station at the AbleGamers booth in the BandLands area where you can win great prizes and help us help AbleGamers as we match the first $7,500 in donations given by PAX attendees through the program.
To top it all off, we’re also going to be running a series of giveaways and contests, which will involve tremendous piles of swag. A whole mess of our developers will be there, as well, and they’re pretty swag too, if we do say so ourselves.
See you in Beantown!
February 19th, 2014
Not the first and by no means the last, happy conquering!
- Annexing or integrating another country now makes you take over all their dependencies as well.
- Navies retreating now pick closest port with naval distance, not the shortest how birds fly.
- East India Traderoute triggered modifier is now available for americans and africans, and is no longer limited by <30% mercantilism.. effect is now +5% trade income.
- You can now collect trade in any node. Not that its a good idea to do it where you don't have fleet bases.
- Greatly improved AI for returning home when in exile
- Greatly improved naval invasion AI
- Replacing War Subsidies with Subsidies that can be used at any time, for longer durations of time
- Fixed the infamous 26-player lobby crash
- If a player in MP is at war, a war-icon will be shown at that players name in the outliner.
- Added DLC-icons to the frontend like the once in CK2.
- Vasselize missions now give a cb for 25 instead of 10 years and abort on the cb expiring
- Exported DAYS_PER_PHASE, DAYS_PER_SIEGE_PHASE and COMBAT_DICE_SIDE to defines
- Enabled modding in unit_type on ships
- Added a checkbox to decisions to set whether or not you want to be notified about the decision being available to take
- Can no longer get the same mission twice
And much much more... (click link)