19 April 2014
Squadron events - is a special mode, where only squadrons are permitted to fight. They take place in 8 vs 8 battle format in three different game modes. This article will introduce this mode to you, as well as give you an insight into its future development.
Undoubtedly, squadron battles will be a popular mode for those squadrons which have more interests than community and the ideological views of the players. Firstly this is an opportunity to show themselves to other powerful teams and communities, to demonstrate not only a high level of the professionalism of each player, but also of the whole squadron. Also, the best players will get fantastic rewards! Duel rating is a logical approach in the project evolution and we have no doubt that our players, for whom War Thunder is more like a competition and a cybersport, will increase their popularity and earn more respect from the community!
Read in Developers blog
18 April 2014
War Thunder Update 1.39 has arrived! Among the most important additions are:
- New aircraft, including the North American F-82 Twin Mustang, Republic F-84 Thunderjet, Lavochkin jet fighters La-15 and La-174, Supermarine Spitfire (Griffon-powered variants) and many other planes
- New epic map “Kursk” and many new missions for different modes
- Squadron battles in Events mode, squadron duel rating
- Players’ rating (“ladder”)
- User generated content support: maps, missions, camouflages and even custom aircraft (more details in the upcoming issues of War Thunder Dev blog)
- Progression system adjustments: new aircraft of the same rank take less time to unlock, jet aircraft are significantly more accessible
- “Schräge Musik” weapon system available for some Japanese and German night fighters
- Separate fire control for the weapons of different calibres
- Significant improvements for AI behaviour
You will find more details about these exciting features and other changes in the War Thunder 1.39 full changelog.
So what are you waiting for? Update the game and rush into battle!
War Thunder team