STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
July 12, 2015
This update makes ships and other vessels less fragile for a better combat experience in mid-to-late game. We hope you enjoy this and the other improvements noted below!
* Armor Absorption rates have been increased across the board
* Bio-mechanical Armor repair rate increased
* Bio-Energy Armor will no longer be affected by armor-piercing effects
* Shields strength gains per level increased, recharge rate slightly reduced
* Vorpal weapons (Neutrino and Crystal cannons) chance for double hull damage has been decreased
* Colony Missile and Beam Defense weapons quantity will now increase due to weapon level miniaturization
* Non-combatant player ships will now automatically try to retreat in tactical combat so the player can focus on managing only combat ships
* The Legend map for races now indicates friendlies in green and hostiles in red, tooltips have also been added to indicate their current relations with the player
* Colony workforce distribution will no longer assign scientists if all research technologies are at maximum level
* Losing a game due to bankruptcy now shows a custom News Bulletin indicative of the event rather than the generic loss version
* A fix has been put in for a rare issue where ships could get stuck in a space flux unable to move for some time
July 28, 2015
Starbases, Planetary defense bases are once again manually controllable in instanced combat. They were being automated with the last update.
Friday June 12, 2015
With this update the crew of ships and other vessels will now gain experience points from combat which can increase crew rank. The ranks can be seen on ship stats plus their XP toward the next level. There are 5 ranks (Novice 0-10 XP, Veteran 10-30 XP, Elite 30-100 XP, Heroic 100-500 XP and Legendary 500+ XP). Ranks provide bonuses in combat to ships toward targeting, defense, critical strikes and boarding combat.
* Invade orders will no longer count or use troops from other task forces in the same system if they have different invasion targets.
* Non-combatant ships will now flee from their own systems if their side is losing the battle.
* On Invasion a colony's native race will now be shown correctly instead of the occupying race.
* Overtaking an outpost from another race without a population will now set the native race to the occupying race if they can live on the planet.
* Embargo pacts are now cleared automatically when relations turn non-hostile
* Colonization orders will now display an ETA if the target planet is in a different sector
* Expiring armistice pacts will now give a turn message
* Newly built ships will no longer count toward defending a planet (annulling a blockade check) until a full turn has passed.
“One to keep an eye on, definitely.”
70 – Strategy Informer
“Best of all, the way Horizon handles technological progress is one of the most elegant I've seen in a grand strategy game.”
65 – IGN
“With the excellent foundation that has already been developed and the dedication that L3O is showing to their fans, it promises to be a true 4X classic in its own right.”
90 – Aesthetic Magazine Toronto
Horizon © 2014 L3O Interactive Inc. Developed by L3O Interactive. Licensed exclusively to and published worldwide by Iceberg Interactive. Iceberg Interactive design and mark are registered trademarks of Iceberg Interactive B.V. Microsoft®, Windows® and DirectX® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. All other brands, product names, and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved. Made in Canada.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.