+ The graphics look and feel really good. Dusk theme is my personal favorite, I can finally surf more than 5 songs without getting a headache. Great improvement on Audiosurf 1!
+ The improved algorythm adds to that feeling as well. More bounce!
+ Workshop has some fun and well made skins to surf with
+ Soundcloud integration is nice, that site deserves more attention imho
+ I like the wakeboard mode, although I don't fully understand it yet
+- Search screen is good, but also confusing since online content and offline content aren't shown separately. You're forced to search in both at the same time.
+- I don't like online pollution promoting songs I don't care about on my startup screen. But I guess it's helpful to guide people to songs that actually have a global score to compete with.
- Global scores are generally empty though, and I'm afraid that will stay that way since AS2 just isn't as popular as the first one. This is much less the case with Audiosurf 1, even nowadays. This is especially true if you're listening to less popular music.
- It feels like cheating not to be as harshly punished for overfilling. I liked that challenge better in AS1. I do like that all of the modes are still available though (I think all of them are there at least).
- Menu isn't as good looking or clear as in AS1 either
- No music on startup. The opening track of AS1 and the menu graphics gave the game some personality, no such thing here. It feels more clinical.
- No achievements (at the time of this writing, at least)
- Still no Spotify integration. I understand why, but this game would sell so much better if it would be possible. And sales are needed for those global scores
Would I recommend this game considering these thoughts? Sure. Well, I'd say that if you already own Audiosurf 1, wait until it's on sale. If you don't own either, buy either at either full price or sale. It's still pretty cool.