To all of the cons mentioned in the other reviews I'd like to add my five cents:
- Awful sctrolling mechanics. The game starts scrolling the screen when you are about 1\4th of the screen away from the edge of the screen. As a result, you can't see where you're going. Thankfully, there are few punishing platforming traps.
- However, enemies CAN see and shoot you and you can't shoot them back (well, you can shoot, but the collision won't register) unless about a half of their sprite is on the screen. Invulnerable shooting enemies would be freaking frustrating if they weren't so easy.
- Iffy platform detection. Those hanging blue thingies don't have solid edges. Thankfully, the game doesn't have challenging jumps.
- Badly designed boss fights. Well, at least the first one with Jackhammer bot. The arena has an obstacle, which you must jump over, but the boss can pass by. Combined with it's speed and fast melee attack wich resets your jump height and stunlocks you, again it would be very unfair and frustrating if it wasn't so easy. Just bring a big gun.
- Bad aiming system. The aim sometimes jumps unpredictably, is very roughly sampled despite using analog aiming, glitches when the aiming cursor is near the edges of the screen. And itself is illogical being relative to your position, so that it shifts when you jump, not continuing to target the designated spot as you would normally expect. I see no reason why devs would do that.
- And the most important - you can't change the controls. Is it 2014 now or not?
I guess, with a 91% discount I wouldn't call it wasted money, but there are sertainly far better platformers to waste your time and money on.
Yyep, fast moving, with stunlock melee, which you can't reliably dodge, because it's faster than and bigger than you. And it itself is a hazard - a big fast ball of stunning hurt which you can't ountrun or dodge. Worsened by small weakspot hitbox, which you can't accurately hit because your ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ aim shifts uncontrollably with your jumps!
And two previous zombie shootout-like scenes (with stunlock melee enemies!), which depleted all my heavy weaponry.
Not sure if I want to continue this =\