I love it!
Actually, I'm a long time RTS player that loves to play war games on my PC. And I'm aware that this game exist for years now, but I didn't get a chance to try this because I was not so interested in this game back then, or maybe I just don't know how good it was and what are the mechanics that made this game unique to other RTS out there.
My attitude with RTS games back in the day was, if it's not Liquid Ent., Blizzard or EA's RTS work like Battle Realms, Red Alert, Generals, Warcraft etc. then I won't try play it.
But when Valve and publisher behind this game decided to release and give away free Keys for 24 hours, I didn't hesitate to get one and DL this game immediately and play it. And yes I was suprised how good this game is, its very well made and you will definitely enjoy this.
What I like about this game so far:
- You will get a chance to run a country like 'Tropico'
- You will also get a chance to become a dictator/Leader like Fidel Castro in virtual world.
- Manage all the resources and aid given by US or USSR and build structures to grow Tropico's economy.
- Deal with all the rebels who's planning to destabilise your leadership. lol
- Yeah, the graphics are dated or outdated (whatever you call it) but it won't stop you for enjoying it.
- The game's real time AI reactions are really good enough. There are protest, rebellions, International Community reactions, war and even budget deficits that could make your economy down from debts if you build a lot of projects simultaneously.
And lastly, I have a suggestion for the devs of this game since this is (old?) and the graphics are no longer acceptable in the standard of this generation. Why don't they port this game on modern powerful Smartphones and Tablets that have Quad core CPUs and GPUs? I think that this game is very ideal for Touch screen devices since this is purely RTS and doesn't require much of buttons to play.. And to end this review, I will definitely recommend this game to anyone, even on Aliens living on Mars.