14 April 2014
Release 1.2.6 contains a variety of Dragonfall and Dead Man's Switch campaign fixes and general system improvements. If you are encountering any campaign issues in Dragonfall, please update to build 1.2.6 immediately. (To update, restart Steam and then allow Shadowrun Returns to fully verify and download the new build.)
If you are experiencing a campaign-related issue, you may also need to restart your current scene (select "Restart Level" from the PDA) or rewind (select "Rewind" from the PDA save screen, then select a previous level) to before you encountered the issue in order to resolve the issue.
TROUBLESHOOTING & REPORTING BUGS:
If you are experiencing technical issues with Shadowrun Returns or Shadowrun: Dragonfall, please see this post: http://steamcommunity.com/app/234650/discussions/0/558749191390963834/
New Features, Improvements]
- [Combat] AoE spells and abilities do not list number of people affected if the size of the aoe is a single tile.
- [Content Pack] Added missing title to Berlin Area Environments and Tilesets content pack.
- [Core] Adding text to explain why the main character might not be able to equip a picked up item.
- [New Game Menu] Add a field for supported languages for content packs.
- [Save] Added a popup if steam is unable to save a game.
- [Trigger] Set Actor Display Name, changes target actors name to (string).
- [Trigger] String function: Get Actor Name, reads target actors name as a string.
Bug Fixes: Dragonfall Campaign
- [Character Creation] Fixing issue where elves could lose karma on character creation by cancelling in etiquette screen.
- [Combat] Fix issue causing bugspirits to be untargetable after loading a save.
- [Combat] Fixed issue that caused Drones to not heal with Runners between missions.
- [Combat] Fixed issue that was causing Ley Lines to work incorrectly.
- [Equip Screen] Fixing issue where stash items might occasionally fail a prerequisite check incorrectly.
- [Items] Fixing issue where repair kits were usable on non-drones and would not heal drones
- [Items] Fixed issue that was causing Magic Resistance spells to work incorrectly.
- [Items] Fixed issue that caused Program Erosion 3 to deal incorrect damage.
- [Items] Fixed issue that prevented item use on character with full health.
- [Items] Medpacks and Repair Kits can no longer be used on a targets with full health
- [VFX] Fixed issue causing snow to be drawn on top of fog.
Bug Fixes: Dead Man's Switch Campaign
- Act 3 conversation with Aljernon changed to correctly reflect game state.
- Added waypoints to side entrance in the Bloodlines mission.
- Adjustments to balance some underused Etiquette skills.
- Changed mission item name to reflect possible outcomes in Loose Ends mission.
- Cleared up objective communication in Apex Rising mission.
- Fixed issues where the player could advance the Bloodlines mission in a bad state.
- Fixed issue causing optional quest to be started incorrectly in the False Flag mission.
- Fixed an edge-case issue that could cause a conversation to start at an incorrect time in the Drug Pit mission.
- Fixed issue that caused incorrect dialogue to trigger for a solo player in MKVI mission.
- Fixed issue that caused incorrect dialogue to trigger for a solo player in Apex Rising mission.
- Fixed party communication about the Loose Ends mission.
- Fixed issue that could trigger an incorrect optional objective failure in MKVI mission.
- Fixed issue where incorrect music would play in Loose Ends mission.
- Fixed issue that caused incorrect music to play in Earwig mission.
- Fixed Black IC turn order issues in Bloodlines mission.
- Fixed issue in Act 3 conversation with Dietrich that referred to the player as the incorrect gender.
- Fixed issue that caused conversation option check to fail incorrectly in Earwig mission.
- Fixed issue that caused conversations with Kami be triggered incorrectly.
- Improved objective messaging to Player for Alice introduction.
- Improved objective communication in MKVI mission.
- Improved cost communication for cup of Coffee.
- Improved side quest completion communication for Bloodlines mission.
- Moved triggered Autosave point in Hard Times mission to prevent possible bad loading state.
- Fixed issue that caused IC to spawn at an incorrect time in Telestrian Industries run.
- Fixed issue that caused gameplay to slow down in Barrens.
10 April 2014
Have friends who would love Shadowrun Returns but haven’t played it yet? At $14.99, now is the time for them to try it out, too!
Hardcore Gamer gave Shadowrun Returns a 4.5 out of 5 and said "This is one of the most satisfying and complete tactical roleplaying experiences to come out of 2013 and realistically the last few years."
Shadowrun Returns now includes the ability to save your game at any time. In addition to the original "Dead Man's Switch" campaign, Shadowrun Returns also includes access to the Shadowrun Returns Editor and Steam Workshop community. There are hundreds of hours of great mods in the workshop including a fan-made SNES Reboot, remakes of beloved Shadowrun stories, and, of course, many original works.
Buy Shadowrun Returns here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/234650
The Deluxe Edition, which includes the soundtrack and the Shadowrun Returns Short Story Anthology, has also been reduced to $24.99! You can pick up the Deluxe Edition of the game at the link listed above.