Review at 2014/04/14 (Onde day before release).
Current patch: 0.9.9
My specs: I7 920 oc @3,4Ghz, GTX 470 1Gb, 8 GB RAM @1600 Mhz. 1920x1080.
¡BAD ENGLISH DETECTED!
//// v1.0 version ////
I had a boost of 15-20 fps. Now I can run the game with all textures on high and antialising at 60 fps or more. Shadows must be disabled as well as the cloth effects (physics).
- It isn't the same as WoTR. Some people prefer one, some people prefer the other one. This is more dynamic, and fast paced game with less variables and easier handling.
- Hard at start if you have not played M&B or WoTR but either way is a challenging game.
- Smaller maps than WoTR to increase game speed, but usually with more ways to flank the enemy.
- Beautiful art, graphics and music.
- Unbalance with some weapons. Some day one, some day another. And some spammeable and lammer game mechanics can annoy you sometimes as in the majority of games.
- Bad servers (Multiplay) and ATM you can only rent them, so you cannot make a dedicated server in your own machine
- Lag related issues. The ping is fine in Europe but as I said, the bad server performance is ruining the game. (I have to say that this may not be directly the fault of the developers of WOTV)
- Game performance is worse than before. For me, of course. Now I have to run the game in 'low' settings except the textures to achieve 35-65 FPS. (My specs in top).
- Gameplay bugs. The shields don't work perfectly, some crappy animations, etc.
- The game will be supported for a long time. Solving issues, balancing, adding a lot of content, etc.
- Good customization level and options, and this will increase with time.
- The game can be really enjoyable regardless of winning or losing, etc. but you have to take your time to master the playstyle. So be patient if someone instakill you every time, or if you can't hit/parry anybody.
(That is fine, you will be good in less time than in WoTR. It is easier to play for newcomers, but still hard to master).
- External anticheat system. This was a very great thing.
- You can sprint :D
- Cosmetics only. The item's stats are equal in a sword that costs 320 coins to another that costs 30000. That allow new players to play in the same conditions as a veteran. It just will look ugliest or more beautiful.
If you don't have patience, this may not be your game. Neither if you expect be the king in your first match.
If you can deal with some bugs, lammers and archers (I won't lie you, sometimes is an arrow fest) you will have good moments.
I approve this game, it could be better but i'm sure it will get better. It's just a matter of time.
//////////////////////////////////// VERY OLD ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Great game in BETA
stage. I think it's a logic evolution of its predecessor (War of the Roses).
The combat speed has been increased and the animations are much more smooth and realistic. The learning curve is long, its a hard and kinda frustrating game at the begining. (If you come from WoTR the learning curve will be much more soft).FAQ: It's the same as WoTR? - No, it isn't.
The evolution is really tangible; improved graphics, physics, animations, (for now) balance. New weapons, fight styles, attacks, habilities and game mechanics.
In my opinion it is less difficult to play than WoTR and more satisfactory. For now, all the weapons are pretty well balanced, you can win a fight with all of them, really the acquired skill and teamplay are your best friends.Pros in beta stage
- Really enjoyable and funny. (For now without xp and customizing system)
- In my case without performance issues since the alpha stage. (GTX 470)
- The developers are there listening and answering to the players.
- When you win a close battle is really satisfactory.Cons in beta stage
- Third party anti-cheat system isn't enabled yet
so there are a lot of speedhackers.
(It will be applied in a few weeks).
- Due to the pre-release stage, the difficulty, and the "casual" players that has only played a few minutes, the servers are usually not full, and in Europe is difficult to play passed 2:00 a.m.
- few little maps and game modes for now, a little repetitive.
Cya and sorry for my english!