I saw many videos and trailers of this gmae and thought "hell yeah, that looks like fun. I'll buy it together with my friend and then we'll play and fun bla bla...".
But when it was released the hype was away and we waited for a sale....we got it. We paid 1€ each....and we want it back. A cup of ice cream would have been a lot more fun for the money.
Now to the real review (I've been even using the Co-Op Mode): The game is fast and dynamic, in the first few seconds it's awesome, but soon the first flaws appear:
- Why do they have a running animation, when you can spam the slide and are a lot faster? Keep that away, it looks like you're glitching, but if you're not doing it, you know that you should do it or you'll lose.
- The game and level design is awful. Flash games look better and are for free. And you can't really tell if an obsticle is just there or if it is deadly. Maybe it is the color, but everything is glowing and so I didn't care and got kinda frustrated. And if you play coop and "kill" your friend....oh god the animations look so horrible.
- There's no aim. You have all songs and all levels (or am I wrong? But starting with over 30 levels doesn't seem too unlockable) and therefore I don't know for what I'm playing. Me and my friend were battling and the winner got...nothing. We started the next level, had a bit fun, but it got boring soooo fast. Now you're asking "but there are achievements which save us!" Wrong. "Beat XX in YY seconds." that's it. For every level. Yay.
- The level design isn't fun. In games like VVVVVV or Super Meat Boy (which I have both beaten with a sh*tload of fun) everything was hard, but fair or fun. In RB you run, fly or fall into something and ask "WHY? WOW IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN". My friend isn't a noob either and had the same questions.
- The music is meh. I'm totally into EDM and it's the most common thing I hear, but in the game I liked about 2 songs (one was the main theme). After using my songs (which took an eternity to load, my friend dealt with the same issue) the levels didn't change that much, so no "wow" in this either.
After all, this game is so disappointing, even for paying only 1€.