"Successfully reloading a gun for the first time through sheer muscle memory is easily one of the greatest feelings in gaming."
8.5/10 – Destructoid
"Receiver is interesting for two things. One, it focuses on a single weapon, the Colt 1911 A1, and takes it very seriously, using "high detail gun mechanics", which means you can "manipulate each part of the gun independently" (the beginning of the video shows this in action). The second is that it's a randomly-generated shooter that features permanent death. Taking place inside a single building, every time you die, you have to start at the very beginning again, but the entire game world is re-rolled. It's available now for $5, which given the ideas on show, is totally worth it just to check it out."
"Receiver didn’t cast me as some nigh-invincible mass of regenerating muscle. The end result, then, was that I felt exactly how I’d expect Real Me would in a combat situation involving live ammo."
– Rock Paper Shotgun
Σχετικά με αυτό το παιχνίδι
Receiver was created for the 7-day FPS challenge to explore gun handling mechanics, randomized levels, and unordered storytelling. Armed only with a handgun and an audio cassette player, you must uncover the secrets of the Mindkill in a building complex infested with automated turrets and hovering shock drones.
Watch the videos to learn more about our design experiments in this game!
- Detailed simulations of a Colt 1911 pistol, S&W Model 10 "Victory" revolver, and Glock 17 with full-auto mod
- Taser robots and machine gun turrets with physically-based damage models
- Ballistic modeling of ricochets and bullet drop
- 11 audio tapes to prepare you to defend yourself against the inevitable Mindkill event
- Become literate in how guns actually operate