Nothing short of lazy cash grab, compared to Revolutions takes few steps forward and many steps backwards.
+ Still has Local vs mode
+ New themes & layouts look nice
+ Different classes have distinct benefits and drawbacks
- Runs very sluggish (Revolutions runs much smoother on same rig)
- Too many easy to use weapons & gadgets (I suppose it's a good thing if you want to play this casually)
- Scientist worm + Magnet = practically immune to anything that's not long ranged weapon FOR REST OF THE MATCH
- bad matchmaking system, finding other players is very bothersome and time consuming
- bad netcode, I've seen more DC's (both mine and other players) on this game than any other multiplayer game
-- Team 17 can't handle ANY critique. No seriously, try posting ANY FORM of complaint to Steam forums and see how long it takes until Team 17 removes your post.
Verdict: Avoid like plague, spend your money elsewhere.