(This review is based off of having all the DLC that have been released as of 09/13/2014)
This is one of my favorite roguelikes.
However, it's not for everyone.
+ Large variety of loot
+ Graphical style is mostly good
+ Great sci-fi setting
+ Good variety of classes
+ More lore than meets the eye
+ Lots of modes of difficulty
+ Plays great on a controller (I play with a 360 controller)
- Occassional bad and inconsistent graphics (especially some character portraits)
- No way to unassign skill points immediately after you assign them
- Race specific loot is frustrating
- Inventory management is frustrating. Wish they did something similar to RE4
- Crafting - very punishing to experiment when crafting (ex. you try to craft an item and that combo of items doesn't work - now those items are destroyed. However, there are ways to find recipes to avoid this problem. It just takes awhile to get them).
+/- Drops are highly based on luck. You need a lot of things to survive in this game, ex. a certain weapon, food, medpacks, armor, and it can either take a while to get what you want, or you may not get it at all. I love this because it challenges me to play in a certain way, but this may not appeal to others.
+/- Just like any good roguelike, it will take you a long, long time before you ever win. If you enjoy roguelikes, this shouldn't be a problem.
I love this game. I love the variety of classes, the setting, the different types of weapons, the feeling you get when you get a sweet weapon that has awesome stats and fits perfectly with your build. I absolutely love the feeling that the whole game is working against you - it like a sci-fi survival-horror rpg in roguelike form, which I think is amazing. (I think it's survival-horror in the sense of its plot, in that you're going alone into a dark pit filled with monsters, knowing that you are most likely going to die... It obviously isn't scary though)
tl;dr - If you like roguelikes, and you like them difficult, get this. For me, this game is a 9/10.