One of the milestones of 90's gaming and one of the games marked my childhood forever. I remember playing the SEGA Genesis version of this game back in 1995 (years after its release). Me and my friend Pato couldn't believe such great interactivity and animations in a game.
- Even today it looks great if you take in mind is a 1991 game and it's very hard and sometimes fetched. But all the little pieces of interactivity on are there for some reason.
- I think this anniversary edition feels great. You can change with the press of one button the visuals from the original version to the remastered backgrounds and polygonal characters.
- Also you can choose a from a remastered audio or the original with or without music (the creator, Eric Chahi, said he prefers his game without music).
- Modern controllers works nice (I recommend DualShock 3 or 4 digital directions for a better experience).
- It has bonus content (Artwork, Making of and PDF's with scanned development notes).
- Hard difficulty is harder than the original.
- It has some new checkpoints for newbies and sometimes they mess with your game state. So you have to kill some enemies again (and I don't mean the ones re-spawn because you need to complete a mandatory task).
- We WANT "Heart of Darkness" please!! :)
I plenty recommend this game for nostalgic people and those who can handle old games like Prince of Persia for instance. I doesn't feel that old at all.