Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
Includes immediate access to the alpha and finished version when ready.
Includes the Standard Edition, PLUS access to the Soundtrack and Artbook when they're finished.
Includes the Standard, Aficionado, and Introversioner, PLUS the ability to name a prisoner and write his bio.
Upgrade from any other version to gain the ability to name a prisoner and write his bio. Includes the Aficionado, and Introversioner content.
A couple of months ago we announced that we are going to finish Prison Architect in 2015. We've been working hard to fulfil that promise and as a result of April's bug bash we're happy to pin that down further and confirm that Prison Architect will be released in quarter four (Oct / Nov / Dec) 2015!
The team have smashed the previous bug fix record and submitted over 130 fixes and whilst that means that we don't have a content update for you this month, we hope you appreciate the stability, speed and simulation quality of the new build. Normal service will resume next month and please continue to log any issues that you may discover.
In other news we are trying to build our facebook engagement so if you have a moment, please head over and like our page.
Here is our video demonstrating the new features:
Death Row continued:
- A new item in the TODO list shows you the current status of your Death Row prisoners (chance of clemency)
- New game over event : Criminal Miscarriage of Justice. Occurs if you execute an inmate who is later exonerated of the crime (Nb. Will not happen if you have reduced his chance of clemency below the legal threshold)
- The lawyer can now provide a last line of legal defense.
If you are on warning (Eg too many deaths in one day), and you fear you will not be able to meet the requirements to avoid being fired, you can use your Lawyer to avert the Game Over event.
Nb. Can only be used once.
= BUG FIXES
The full list of bug fixes can be found here:
Alpha 31 has been released! Here is our video demonstrating the new features:
New staff : The Lawyer
Unlocked in the usual way through Bureaucracy, and requires his own office.
The lawyer grants access to a variety of legal loopholes and new facilities for your prison.
- Minimum cell size removal
Prison Cells can be built to any size - they are no longer to obey the legal minimum
of 3x2 metres. Note they must still contain a bed and a toilet.
- Indeterminate sentences
Prisoners can now be assigned lockup or solitary confinement that remains in place
until you say otherwise. This is a massive breach of their human rights, but the Lawyer
will allow you to skirt the issue and do it anyway.
- Death Row
Opens up the opportunity and responsibility of executing prisoners sentenced to death.
To receive Death Row prisoners, you must:
- Unlock Death Row through the lawyer
- Build an execution facility - a room with an Electric chair, and chairs for the witnesses
- Build cells nearby and flag then as "Death Row Only" in the security deployment screen
Death Row prisoners will then begin show in your Intake screen - although they are quite rare.
They must stay in a Death Row designated cell, and they do not follow the regime.
- They are effectively locked down 24 hours a day, with two exceptions:
1. They can receive family visitors in Visitation
2. They can attend their Appeals process to try to have their sentences commuted.
- New program : Death row appeals process
Every Death Row prisoner has a chance to try to clear his name, or have his sentence commuted.
He will attend the appeals process, and each time has a chance to be released, or downgraded to max-sec.
- All Death Row prisoners have an estimated chance of clemency, visible in their Rap Sheet.
This represents your staff's best estimate at his chances at clemency.
Each time he fails the appeals process, his estimated chance of clemency is HALVED.
The more appeals you allow for a prisoner, the more certain you can be of his guilt.
Once you are satisfied a Prisoner has had sufficient chance to appeal, you may schedule an Execution.
This can be done from his Rap Sheet, and once begun it will take over your view until over.
A process must be followed for each execution:
- Prison lockdown : All prisoners return to their cells
- The chair is electrically tested, putting your prison under high electrical load.
In addition, the prisoner must be able to walk to the facility.
- Witnesses are escorted to the facility and will sit in seats provided, if available
- The Warden, the Chief, and the prisoners chosen Spiritual Leader will gather in the condemned man's Cell
- The prisoner will be escorted to the execution room, along with the Warden/Chief/Priest
- The staff and witnesses are dismissed and may leave
Once completed, you will be given a report on the success or failure of your execution.
If justice was done, you will receive a $10,000 bonus for your work.
- WARNING: If you push ahead with an execution before sufficient appeals have occurred,
you will be held personally responsible if evidence comes to light which later exonerates the prisoner.
You will be fined $50,000 instantly.
The intake queue of Death Row prisoners will immediately empty.
In addition, any Death Row inmates within your facility will be immediately transfered away by bus.
If this happens 3 times, you will be fired.
NOTE: The state sanctioned "safe level" for chance of clemency is 5%.
In other words, if you wait until a prisoners clemency chance is below 5%, you will not be held liable
for any miscariages of justice that may later come to light.
Your Lawyer can raise this threshold to 10% if you instruct him to do so.
New room : Reception
An optional room, that gives Prisoners a dedicated arrival point (replacing Deliveries)
Once built, all new prisoner arrivals will go through this room.
- Prisoners must be escorted into the Reception room, then strip-searched. Any contraband will be found.
- They are then given fresh uniforms.
- Guards then escort them (still shackled) to their destination - either a cell or a holding cell.
- The process requires lots of available guards, but is much more secure than arrivals through Deliveries.
NOTE: The Laundry Logistics system will assign one of your laundries to handle the clean uniform requirements.
- Using the Bangup emergency option will no longer rapidly raise the 'temperature' of your prison.
However, having lots of prisoners shackled (in their cells or in solitary) will contribute to the 'temperature'.
- Fixed: The 'criminal negligence' failure case had become broken in alpha 30 - your avatar was not spawned correctly
- 0007974: [AI & Behaviour] Crash loading game with PhoneBooth redefined to be non-wired by a mod
- 0007967: [AI & Behaviour] Crash with prisoners unloading from prisoner bus
- 0007932: [AI & Behaviour] Guards not taking prisoners to (available) solitary cells
Stay up to date:
Subscribe to our Blog
Subscribe to our Youtube channel
Follow us on Twitter
Join our mailing list
Follow our twitch.tv livestream - we sometimes code live on twitch
“Prison Architect chills me to the bone. If played haphazardly it can be a wonderful farce rich with hilarious anecdotes, but played patiently and carefully it’s a horror game, a top-down voyage into the heart of darkness, an eternal raging fire I forever try but can only fail to douse.”
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.