March 20th, 2014
Gamma is definitely here now, folks, and we're continuing to tune the experience to make it even better. This update focuses on performance and improvements to numerous areas of the game from lighting to art to the server browser. Also present in this build? A giant bedrock feature: multi-planet starting points.
Catch the patch notes for the full listings of tweaks, improvements and fixes. Also, hit up our localization project if you'd like to join in:
Multi-Planet Starting Spots!
- We've added them. To use them, make a new custom system in the System Editor and flip them on for whatever planet you desire. Then, commence annihilation.
- The AI can now use multi-planet starts, too.
- The Imperial Invictus is now available to all players! This robot is pretty serious, so go check him out in the Armory.
- Updated art for a number of units, including the nuke launcher and ammo, and the anti-nuke launcher and ammo
- Updates to the Server Browser. Players can see more information about games before joining a lobby now.
- We have started our community localization project! If you want to participate, please check this thread out: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/pa-the-official-localization-thread.58004/ and go here to contribute: http://www.getlocalization.com/PALocalization/!
- Significant graphics change to lighting. This should help improve frame rates for a number of players.
- Improvements to the build bar. This provides more efficiency information while you're playing
- Improvements to spectating! We're working hard to make the job of casting easier, and the fun of simply watching more accessible!
- Ongoing improvements to game audio
- Please disable all mods until you know which ones work! This build changes a lot of the underlying UI systems.
- Make sure your drivers are updated!
March 14th, 2014
New art! More fixes! Smarter formations! New spectating options! We're in the process of tightening the Gamma experience across the board, and this week's huge update packs lots of incredible new additions and improvements.
For instance! We've taken spectator mode to 11 by allowing spectators to focus on teams and see their resources in real-time. Formations now understand position -- flame tanks will now prefer the front, while smaller non-knockout units will prefer the back. Also, we've re-added the ability for players to load systems in the background.
We've got lots more, too, so check out these notes:
- Added support for full summaries of teams playing.
- You can also focus on individual teams.
- Added a new panel on the side to facilitate this.
- Players will now receive even more information when joining and leaving.
- Improvements to joining.
- Improved planet generation while in lobby.
- Added a new skins for laser turret.
- Added new tag for starting planet. This is in preparation for multi-planet spawns!
- Added even more general improvements.
- Units now have preferred positions.
- Planet smashing bug addressed.
- A couple of lobby bugs have been squashed.
- A number of memory leaks have been fixed.
- Addressed some UI crashes.