While many people may spend their time arguing and squabbling over the price or what the game should be like, I would like to go in a different direction.
Key Features(What makes it, it)
- Planetary Combat - Why settle for flat polygon maps that block you from flanking when you can attack from literally any direction(except from underground)?
- Interplanetary - When you lose one world move to another. War doesn't take a holiday as long as there's worlds to conquer!
- Planet destruction - Why spend hours nuking all of your opponent's bases when you can just destroy the whole planet?
- More little things that would be a pain to write down -
So now you're like "That sounds cool! But, why isn't it like that? Where's all the cool stuff!?". Well, let us remember that this is BETA not Beta as in "almost done teaser demo like BF4" this is literally "We just put in the major gameplay features and now people can play/ish on them."
- More units and buildings! - Over 50(Approx. 100) units are supposed to be in the game not including a host of buildings to accompany them!
- More gameplay features/UI updates/more game types! - It says it all!
- Co-op galactic FREAKING WAR! - Say goodbye to those boring campaigns that take away have the fun items. Just destroy the galaxy over and over again for fun!
- Even more things that are small and not worth my time writing! -
So, the final question. Is it worth the $? Well, that would be up to you. I paid over $100 during the Kickstarter, I've been in since the ALPHA(people who'd like to challenge my veteran status can check out my youtube @OathAlliance) and it's been worth my money. If are willing to accept that it's not complete and that you get to watch it grow and become even better than it was before whilst gaming, then go for it. If you simply want a finished game with all the nice shiny features and polished gameplay, wait until release.
I'm not here to tell you what to do. This is simply a guide too help you on your path.
PA Forums: https://forums.uberent.com/categories/planetary-annihilation.60/
PA Homepage: http://www.uberent.com/pa/
Posted: November 25th, 2013