While many people may spend their time arguing and squabbling over the price or what the game should be like, I would like to go in a different direction.
[Note]: I play on the stand alone browser, that is why my time on steam may seem low. If you contest my veterancy please go look up OathAlliance on youtube. That is my channel and it chronicles some of my +100 hours in game.
[Note]: I'm doing my best to keep this up to date with every major game update. It might be a little bit behind the current build however.
Key Features(What makes it, it)
- Planetary Combat - Why settle for flat polygon maps that block you from flanking when you can attack from literally any direction(except from underground)?
- Interplanetary - When you lose one world move to another. War doesn't take a holiday as long as there's worlds to conquer!
- Interplanetary Nukes - Enemy on an orbiting moon? Nuke him!
- Planet destruction - Why spend hours nuking all of your opponent's bases when you can just destroy the whole planet?
- Massive scale warfare - Tired of having that dinky little 1k unit cap? How about swarming your opponent with 10k of bots(game supports 10k doxen atm)!
- More little things that would be a pain to write down -
So now you're like "That sounds cool! But, why isn't it like that? Where's all the cool stuff!?". Well, let us remember that this is Gamma not Gamma as in "almost done teaser demo like BF4" this is literally "We are throwing in tons of awsomely big features that we've been working on throughout beta".
- More units and buildings! - Over 50 units are supposed to be in the game not including a host of buildings to accompany them!
- More gameplay features/UI updates/more game types! - It says it all!
- Co-op galactic FREAKING WAR! - Say goodbye to those boring campaigns that take away half the fun items. Just destroy the galaxy over and over again for fun!
- 40 Player Games! - Killing everyone you know in a 40 way FFA is BOSS!
- Even more things that are small and not worth my time writing! -
So, the final question. Is it worth the $? Well, that would be up to you. I paid over $100 during the Kickstarter, I've been in since the ALPHA(people who'd like to challenge my veteran status can check out my youtube @OathAlliance) and it's been worth my money. If are willing to accept that it's not complete and that you get to watch it grow and become even better than it was before whilst gaming, then go for it. If you simply want a finished game with all the nice shiny features and polished gameplay, wait until release.
I'm not here to tell you what to do. This is simply a guide to help you on your path.
Updates have added the following:
More Units: Flame Tanks, Gunships, Sniper Bots, with more coming.
Teleporter: Insta-Transport to the other side(planets, bases, etc)
Artillery acting like artillery: Up and over not straight.
Cheaper Units: More units, less nucks!
Optimization: Particle effects are now GPU rendered!
Transport Unit: Carry your units around like a pro.
Main Menu UI update: It's SO pretty!
More social features: You can add friends!
Upcoming in more updates:
More Aggressive AI: Stronger, faster, deadlier.
Graphics update: Beauty just got more beautiful.
Balance work: It's barely been done!
Optimization: Always more work to do!
UI updates: First pass of the second pass!
Bug fixes!: Uber hates bugs as much as we do, they're doing their best to squash the little buggers.
More to come...
PA Forums: https://forums.uberent.com/categories/planetary-annihilation.60/
PA Homepage: http://www.uberent.com/pa/
If this review was helpful please rate it up, if you didn't understand something or something was incorrect please leave me a comment so I can look into it.