This game tries to imitate Defense Grid (which is the best tower defense I've ever played), but contains a lot of failures :
- There are no checkpoints ... and some levels last 30 minutes, it's horrible!
- There is no pause either. (you can't freeze time and put some turrets)
- You can speed up the time (x2), but if you do that the turrets will be less effective!
- There is no minimap and you can't zoom-out to see the whole map.
- You can't change the targeting priority of your turrets.
- The interface is failed ! It was designed to play with a controller, which is cool for people playing on consoles, but isn't effective with a mouse and a keyboard.
- The first half of the campaign is boring : no difficulty, no mazing, no original turrets. Fortunately, in the second half, you gain acces to more interesting turrets, you can start mazing and levels become challenging.
- There is no other game modes, just the campaign.
The level transformation idea is interesting, though it isn't used a lot. The graphics are good and I like the mecha-style of the turrets.
The game isn't entirely bad, but it contains a lot of frustrating things. Buy it only on big sale, prefer Defense Grid or Defenders Quest.