I will just tell you my verdict up front in case you don't want to read why this is my verdict.
THIS GAME IS A SOLID 2/10
If this game thinks that you play as a God it is truly wrong. Even the trailers voice acting is bad. also if you can see the houses you have to build plots, and at a certain point you start running out of sculpting power and you have to wait in order to make more trees or rocks. This game was truly a waste of my money and my hope is that you do not waste your money on this early access game and instead go and buy, I don't know, any other early access game that is actually making progress. This game is meant to be a mobile game and it isn't even worth the price it would be if it was a mobile game. I wouldn't pay a dollar to get this game and I wouldn't get it for free because there would be a paywall. The paywall comes in ... I don't know 2-3 hours in the game and even then you were waiting for faith. The game starts you off with enough trees and rocks but it is an illusion to make you think that the game will be that easy from there on out. This game could have been so much better by removing the ENTIRE FAITH MECHANIC. The faith mechanic makes you have to wait and wait and wait until you have enough to make small increments of an amount of sculpting the smallest little path so that you can hurry up and get your followers through. The only good part to faith is that it is a reason to build homes. So let me tell you how I would have made this game if not my own game:
THIS IS HOW I WOULD CREATE GODUS THIS IS NOT WHAT GODUS IS LIKE
1. In the beginning you start off on a randomly generated but fair landscape.
2. You can sculpt the landscape however you want without being limited to breaking down trees and rocks (which makes no sense that you would want to destroy trees and rocks as a "GOD" because, lets be honest, if you were truly to play as a god you wouldn't need to break trees or rocks or wait for a long time to be able to sculpt.)
3. When villager is created (by you) you can choose what actions you want it to do.
4. When he builds a house (in the location you want him to not where the game wants you to) he will live in it.
5. Create other villager and have them make babies in the house (or not).
6. Create as many villagers as you would like but only some of them with housing will be happy, the others will not be.
7. Villager becomes mayor and you can now move on to the farming era.
8. After enough houses are made and enough population is there you can move on to the next era, to the next era, etc.
9. Whatever you do in between these steps is your choice but these are just the essentials or how to progress from eras.
10. I would update this game seeing if the reviews were bad or if I see any bugs reported.
11. Wouldn't lie (and didn't lie) about any of the steps or hide secret things in between the steps that you absolutely HAVE to do.