Apologies for not posting this along with the update itself. The developer responsible for the update (and for maintaining Akaneiro in general) has left Spicy Horse and forgot to pass this along when he departed. We finally tracked him down and tickled this list out of him...
Here are things that were fixed with the last update:
• Steam Account can now save progress and show the mission complete screen when the player returns to village (This was the most critical issue).
• The (small, medium and large) Red and Blue bottles drop item was showing only text and the mesh was hidden. Now it show the bottle mesh as well as the text.
• The drop Item text hold for a bit longer before disappearing.
• Some levels (in the last few areas) used to have a terrain Only (without any houses, meshes,...etc), now the bundles have been fixed and the player should see an entire level.
• Show the collected materials in the mission complete screen (was not showing on steam version).
• The MiniMap was strange (around area 4, 5 if I still remember well) and the player was walking on a black map, I rebuilt the bundles with the map enabled in those levels.
• Some of the armor/pants meshes show long spikes out the Character model (I'm not sure if this one have been released in the previous version or in this version)
Going forward, there is a HOLD on further development of the title. This will be the case until early 2015, when we will have developers coming free from another ongoing project in the studio. At that time we will assign them to work on Akaneiro and will continue efforts towards implementing multi-player, tablet support, and other improvements.
In the meantime, we have emailed Valve to ask for removal from the Early Access area of Steam, and placement within the normal Steam Store.
Please note that ours is a very small development studio with not many people to monitor discussions or reports of issues here on Steam. If you have an issue to report or feedback to provide, please do so via our official Customer Support channel here: http://support.spicyhorse.com
We appreciate your ongoing support and understanding.
Spicy Horse Games
“There's life in the movements of the characters on the screen and real appeal in the combat even though it's from the dungeon-grinder school that I'm normally very fatigued by.”
– Massively by Joystiq
“Akaneiro: Demon Hunters is a free to play action online RPG from Shanghai-based Spicy Horse. The game takes on the mix of Little Red Riding Hood – a European fairy tale- and The Lost Wolves of Japan -a book about Japanese history, literature and folklore.”
8.9/10 – MMOHUT
“Akaneiro provides players with a free to play ARPG of depth, blended seamlessly with the speed and intensity of a pure action title.”
3/5 – Bloody Disgusting
Akaneiro is available for FREE on other platforms (like SpicyWorld and Kongregate), but not on Steam. Why?
On Steam we offer the game for sale with a Starter Pack that includes items and currency worth much more than the purchase price. If you don't wish to spend money to try Akaneiro, head over to a platform where it's offered for free. You can then decide for yourself if paying for it here on Steam in order to access the Starter Pack is worthwhile.
Purchase the Starter Pack now and receive access to Akaneiro: Demon Hunters, bonus currency, consumables and exclusive items for Steam players!
"Akaneiro: Demon Hunters" and related content (c) Spicy Horse Games 2013
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.