July 25th, 2014
In this update for 3.1 RC6 update, we have some changes:
- Matchmaking is having 3 major updates: Map vote, rematch and progressive amount of players. If the two first are obvious, the last is about launching a match of Battle or Siege as soon as there is 4 people on the lobby and send the new people arriving on the lobby quickly to complete the match. It's made also for custom modes that would like to host matchmaking while having a big number of member per team. The detailed changelog for the game modes scripts is available here or here.
- Ladders of Storm, Elite and Siege will have some change of speed and number of players that can be on top. If it was possible to have 100 Echelon 9 on the Monday morning, it will now be only 20. So, it means that players will lose much more LPs on Monday first, and then on each match lost since you lose an amount that is related to how much points can be won in average in a match. In consequences, you will also see 200 players in Echelon 8 instead of 10000 and etc. Keep in mind that when you lose LPs on Monday morning, you are losing no rank at all: it's just a way to normalize the number of LPs and the maximum. Otherwise, the maximum would always climb and require to change the amount of LP you win accordingly.
- Gameplay of Elite is now going to use the new one, with mainly the stamina management and walljump power as main changes. I know it can disturb the incredibly high level of skill we can see nowadays, but now that the EPL finals are done and that the ESWC is announced, I would like to take the opportunity to make the same gameplay with the others modes, such as Battle or Siege, that they are using it since the previous releases.
- The "link" plug-in. This plug ins are like the buddy or settings plug in of the system bar. The "link" plug-in is a way to quick access to the links of a title pack (home <=> manialink, news <=> maniaflash, facebook page) etc. It will be a way to also provide an easy way to share the title; and more especially now that it's in demo. We may do a "help" plug in to provide "information, tips and others" but later. Maniaplanet is designed as a 2.0 system, and this link plug-in is dedicated to it. To configure it, it's the same links than in the store of today.
- Players are not allowed anymore to add their own Bink videos to Maniaplanet. And we have added limitations to prevent this. Meanwhile, we are going to upgrade the support of WebM as a powerful replacement, including the ability to encode directly or have a better compression ratio/picture quality. We have spent just some days on this new integration and it will take us some more to bring some more feature to this support. However, we have other priorities at the moment and it can take a while. I am sorry for this happening and be sure we would have like to be otherwise.
- The importer is updated and with it, the import of fonts is activated. The documentation is also available.
- Arrow rollback. In fact, the arrow we look for is more a long range, big blow radius weapon. It has been used like a short range splash bomb. I think that these changes are more for Power Up! and that we better deliver a good splash bomb in addition to fix the arrow. Arrow would need to have more ammunition by default would we like to make "then rain of arrows effect" so we will see this later. Sorry for the ones that found the new arrow better and for the ones who lack the previous one since the changes.
- The source of Shootmania Platform are being released as a sample. The mode will also be free until the end of September, with unlimited demo time and number of maps. The goal is to welcome players that would like just to test without fighting. A mini site and video has been done to more easily share the super setup of it.
- The custom weapon will have a closer way to work as default ones: waterproof by default, shooter points, sounds, notices, +1 with RemovePlayerArmor (~ same as AddPlayerArmor) and manage a Custom volume.
- Item Editor has some fixes when launched from the map editor. And the PropertyList : fix absolute/relative location of data
- The MediaTracker options for crosshair/ghost names; keep playing on respawn, tiggers that can overlap (but trigger only one clip) and the free camera save position \o/
July 21st, 2014
Good news people, TrackMania² Stadium and ShootMania Storm will be at the ESWC this year!
From the ESWC committee:
- Trackmania² Stadium (1v1v1v1)
- Shootmania Elite (3v3)
Trackmania is an ESWC official discipline since 2006. The upcoming 2014 edition will be its 8th World Cup. Shootmania is present since 2012, it will be its 3rd edition. The details of the preliminaries will be announced very soon.
The ESWC Organizing committee is happy to confirm two PC disciplines for the ESWC 2014: