June 18th, 2014
So whilst we are not too far away from an update for Dream we thought it would be nice to post an announcement explaining to you all where we are right now on the process of finishing Dream and what we are all currently working on.
As some of you may know, there are only 4 of us developing Dream so we apologize for wait between content updates. With this being said however we are not far away from moving from Alpha to Beta stages. Once all main dreams are created and in your hands we will then be moving to Beta, which will involve the final stages of development such as Tweaking Menus, Improving Mechanics, UI overhauls, Level Populating, Endings, Story Implementation, Localisation, QA and Stability Improvements and just generally other bits and bobs that would take some time to list.
So, here are the main chunks that is left to do of the alpha build:
- Act III + Nightmare
- Act II side dream to push out
- Hub World “feature”
- Key Bindings
- Checking the games ‘Flow’
And here is what the “Dream Team” is working on right now. It’s important to stress that while we have listed the main things on our to-do list, we also tinker in other areas such as Design, Story and just generally collaborating:
- Technical Babble [ Key Bindings - Scripts - Character Animations & Logic - Collectables! ]
- Arty Farty Things [ Act III Effects, Models, World & Secret things ]
- Master Planner [ Bug Fixes, Act III Puzzle’s ]
- 3D - [ Populating Act III and The remaining side Dream for Act II ]
And the top priority beta jobs:
- Items and Inventory UI ( better flowing inventory )
- Mech improvements ( E.g Look at system )
- More and final options (Such as toggle player mesh, resolution and fixed menus)
- Story implementation
- Level tweaking and populating
- Backstage tweaks (Implementing hidden tracking features etc)
- Engine Upgrade (Performance and stability improvements)
- Oculus Update
While these are listed there are still a lot of things that will be added/removed/changed and overall just improved based on your feedback and development progression.
Thanks for your support and patience, hopefully the next update will be both Keybindings and Collectables. I’m still tinkering with Key Bindings ( More here
) and the basic implementation is there but the Aesthetics & “UI Friendliness” are not. I know this is a very important feature for all of you so it might be pushed out as is and then improved in Beta; we’re still discussing this but please, what do you guys think!?
May 9th, 2014
Small fix to fix the fix...
Someone (Me) forgot to upload the fixed howard walking into the build. This should have been corrected.
Original 0.4.4.1 Notes
Hey folks, more of a patch here than an update but here’s what you need to know:
- Many collision issues fixed
- Fixed Howard’s walking
- Howard now moves slower in the House/Nightmares
- Improvements and tweaks in Nightmare II based on feedback
- Portals are no longer usable before unlocking
Thanks for the feedback, we’re hard at work on Act III and can’t wait to show you more!
The rift version of 0.4.4 is just around the corner too.