Indsendt: 29. juni 2014
Even though is old, it is so much fun!
The game was released year 1996 (According to Steam) which is a great reason to the pixelated, Psyche-3D graphics.
However, because the game is old also comes with positive sides. For example:
- Lossless gameplay
- (Pretty) Simple game controls.
Means that the game has nothing that breaks the gameplay at any point. You press "New Game", then you're already in the game. Nothing in the middle at all. And that's how the game is all the way until the end (Because then you've finished it).
It speaks for itself. If you're familiar with the 90's FPS games, this will have effect. As the game was released in 1996 (As I said before), the way the game looks like and is played is like all the other game from the 90's. Note that the game has a lot of secrets and tricks. These will help when you need it, but you need to find them first (The best way is to just mash space at all the walls in the room).
(Pretty) Simple game controls:
The buttons used aren't many. Arrow keys, W, A, S, D, Control (Ctrl), Shift, Alternative (Alt), Space. If you want (Highly recommended), you can activate the mouse by pressing the scroll wheel. Then you can look around with the mouse and shoot with Left Click. You'll find this really useful, as it's easier to aim at the enemy with this setup.
Also, the game is really hard. But here's some helpful hints you can have use of:
- Move. Like an idiot. The most lethal shots are not instant, and sends a projectile that can be avoided.
- Use multiple save slots. Using only one can get you in trouble.
- Scavenge. If you're low on health, go back and try to pick up stimpacks and first aid kits left behind. Try also to find secrets.
- Pay attention to sounds. If you do, you can sometimes foresee if there's an enemy behind a door or not.
- Save frequetly. Every time you've cleaned a room, save. If you're low on health, save in a different save slot.
This is not necessary, but I recommend using ZDoom instead of the original game. Why is because it runs much smoother and looks much better. ZDoom is also free, but requires you to buy the original game first (Otherwise it doesn't have the files required to run the game).