Not the Ace Combat I remember from my good old Playstation days unfortunately. Good game? Maybe.
+ Nice picture
+ Not a bad soundtrack
+ New game modes (bomber, heli)
+ Has quite a few arcade elements from the previous games
+ General idea of the "chase" is neat but
- Forcing people to use "chase" mode against VIP targets is just a big NO
- Durability of said VIPs is ridiculous
- Gameplay in general feels boring somehow. Didn't happen for the AC games I've seen before.
- CoD-style missions on the transp. heli minigun
- Barrel roll on the attack helicopters
- Unlike previous AC games this one is set on real life Earth which brings politics into play =/
- Story and characters just don't make you feel for them. Or even remember them.
As the game itself it's quite alright by the standards of modern gaming. But as AC game this one seems to fall flat on its face. As someone said this game is what happens when Michael Bay tries to make a flight sim.
Feel free to try it during the sales time. It might appeal to you but I can't recommend this.