If you looking for a program that allows you to make let's play videos with facecam overlay, quick and easy, go and try the Action! demo from the Mirillis's website first to see if it does the job. If you like the results it's produces, feel free to grab this software.
- Works perfectly with my webcam - Xbox Live Vision Cam for the webcam overlay feature. No more spending time, trying the get the facecam overlay synced with my recording in Sony Vegas. Very convenient feature for me.
- For $30 at sale price, it's pretty cheap recording software compered to other competitors in the market.
- Built in re-rendering feature for converting your recording to mp4 - Very useful feature for people like me who use Sony Vegas for much faster rendering speed.
- You can also record gameplay directly to compressed mp4 format however it's comes at cost of CPU power.
- A adjustable audio settings for game sounds and microphone.
- Watermark support for recording videos - Although I prefer adding it when I'm editing my recordings in Sony Vegas.
- Nice benchmark feature - It's can tell you the average FPS you get while playing a game.
- It can record the just audio part or the desktop - Useful for recording Skype conversation.
- Not enough flexibility settings for webcam overlay - I can't put the webcam overlay right onto the corner of the video. PlayClaw 5 allows you to do move the webcam overlay where ever you want but however, the webcam feature it's self is completely broken. So Action! wins in this category and this disadvantage will not heavily effect the rating of this review.
- This program needs a lot of setting adjustments to get Action! to record the video correctly for the first time.
- VLC can't not play the raw recording due to VLC's decoder not supporting the FICV format. Windows Media Player, Zoom Player and Action!'s built in video player plays them fine. You have to use Action!'s built in re-rendering feature to make VLC play your recordings.
- (New Discovery) For some reason I can't put my recordings in proper queue for re-rendering feature. It's seems to re-rendering the first file over & over again. This is simple bug that can be easily fixed.
If you want to see how does webcam overlay work, here's my example of how would the results turn out.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPxjNEeb-kw
My rating - 8.5/10