STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
You might experience issues when trying to publish your Castle Story map on the Steam Workshop.
We are currently working on a hotfix.
Until then, here is a temporary fix;
1- Log in to Steam.
2- Visit this page; http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/workshoplegalagreement
3- Read the agreement & click "Accept".
This will now allow you to publish maps on the workshop.
Sorry for the inconvenience!
Good evening you beautiful people!
The feedback for 0.8 has been exceptional and we’re pretty hyped that you guys have been enjoying it so much :D
Thank you to everyone that’s taken the time to report bugs and issues – we’re working on resolving these and we’ve got a hotfix for some of them today.
As always, please don’t hesitate to report bugs and issues you find with the game on the forums or via our support center.
- Fixed the save updater breaking 0.7 saves – they will now work, but are converted to sandbox. There have been lots of changes and additions to 0.8, it’s impossible to make 0.7 saves fully compatible with 0.8. Now you have an excuse to build a new, fresh castle. It’s like spring cleaning in January.
- Fixed an issue where the clients always had to download the map when joining a multiplayer lobby, even if it was an official map that all players owned.
- Clients no longer need to download UGC / Workshop maps if they already have the map! Woop! Go nuts on these workshop maps, folks!
- Fixed an issue where the Bricktrons would get stuck in a strange, mutant-like position after a fight. It was funny, but a little too creepy to keep around.
- Fixed an issue where there would be way, way, waaaaaay too many blue wisps buzzing around your home crystal.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t make Bricktrons “look at” while they were in defend position.
- Fixed an issue where the scoreboard displayed the wrong numbers for energy in Conquest Multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue where the World Editor’s checkboxes in the gamemodes tab didn’t update properly as your map met the requirements.
Thank you for your patience, guys. We’re working on getting fixes out for the other issues you’ve reported!
“Its promised blend of building and strategy looks great, the kind of thing to rekindle the very fondest of childhood memories...”
“... I’m having a nostalgia rush [...] Castle Story is the first new game that I shall be observing by means of a spyglass each morning throughout 2012.”
Rock Paper Shotgun
“Holy bags, Castle Story is looking amazing! I wish I had made it, haha. :D <3”
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.