FireFall have delivered many great things since it was first released (closed alpha) and I can only say the game can be insanely fun, unlike other MMOs FireFall feels a little different, it's a game that you can hardly compare to other MMOs, which is good.
Here are some of the positive things that make FireFall outstanding.
- Random Events. (Randomness is the main reason this game feels different and it is the feature that makes it insanely fun to play)
- Graphics. (It is not realistic, it stays closer to Borederlands style than reality, which gives the whole game a better feel, more smoother and relaxing feel)
- Design. (The World is very nicely designed, with places that won't make you wish to never go back to, instead, it is something you don't mind to visit thousands of times)
- Enemies. (The enemies in this game reminds me to Borderlands, every single enemy looks awesome and well designed. While some are cute and fun to squash, others are cool and badass "I'm looking at you Terrorclaw!")
- Chosen attacks/wars (Invasion aint here yet. The game is capable of showing from tens to hundreds of enemies at once, making these Chosen attacks/wars an experience you don't get in any other MMO, fighting against an army of enemies is more fun than anything I've ever experienced in MMOs, it's like you are in a LoTR battle)
- Battleframes (frames are your armors and each class has a different armor. These armors are for 1. look awesome and for 2. are paintable, they are not completely customizable, but you can still put on a different jetpack or a reactor on your back)
- NOT PAY 2 WIN (Yes, it is extremely rare to see a F2P game that is not P2W in any form. FireFall is completely free, there is in game curreny "red beans", but everything you can buy with them can be acquired in game for free)
Now, here are all the negative things that bothers me.
- Playing Alone. (FireFall was intended for Coop, like any other MMO and solo players will suffer the same thing with this. The game is fun for solo too, but if you play nonstop, then it will become repetitive after a week or so)
These are bad changes that only early beta/founders feel as negative, it won't change the gameplay for new players.
- Nerfing. (These devs like to nerf classes and when they nerf, they give hell, so it is hard to love 1 class for a very long time, if it gets a nerf the next month, cuz the best thing about it is getting too common)
- Lack of Random Events. (Random Events are in it and are awesome, however, back in early beta, there were Random Events at every 100m, giving the player unlimited fun, but then they reduced the number of random events and now you only see a couple in a big area)
- Nerfed Chosen Army. (Back in early beta, when there was an attack of chosens, the fight took well over 30min, everytime the chosens attacked, it felt like you are fighting the battle of the century, the legendary epic super awesome battle for humanity, those Chosens were FEARED by players, but then they got nerfed, yes that hell nerf, and now chosen attacks can be done in 5-10min, chosens' power were also nerfed, they are now just another enemy, not feared, not hated, forgotten...)
- No Chosen Controlled Areas. (As I said before, back in the days, it was really hard to win a fight against the Chosen army and the game system is that the chosens can take over bases and watchtowers. Everytime I logged in I saw at least 3 bases/watchtowers taken over by chosens and I always went there and tried to take over the base/watchtower with like 20-25 other players, it was like an Epic LoTR battle, but after the devs nerfed the Chosens, everything went down, I havent seen a single base or watchtower taken over by Chosens ever since the nerf...)
All the negative changes are something that is bad for founders and early beta players, but for new players, those are things that won't bother much... so those things won't affect your gameplay, if you havent experienced them in the early beta/alpha.
I still have a damn good time in FireFall and this game got more potential than most of the MMOs out there. If you have read this and feel that you should not play it, even tho I praised the game like it was a diamond in the MMORPG genre, then still, definitely give it a try, you will like it and you might love it.
Finally, I know I pointed out many negatives, but the positives were all something that can only improve gameplay and the negatives are something that can be brought back into the game anytime.