This is going to be a short and to the point review, so forgive the lack of flattery or filler.
This game has been holding onto life by some force I don't even recognize, to be honest.
I played this game back in closed beta and it was amazing and new to me. Given it didn't have much content, but it was always updating and the story was opening up. I would've given the game a 7.5/10 score.
It's been a long time now and I have played a good chunk of time again, and I am sorely disappointed.
* It's full of bugs and glitches that aren't typically fixed. Some are, most are not.
* Updates don't always fix what's broken and they include what the community has called 'Ninja Updates' that they intentionally hide so as to try and avoid confrontation from their playerbase.
* A game once made to reward skill and strategy is now just "Who can do the more AoE damage". Skill is no longer a thing. The deadliest and most used classes are AoE classes, aside from Dragonfly healers of course.
* PvP is more or less dead. Now the PvP zone sees only the occasional battle but is more or less quiet and only for getting materials.
* The game is horribly optimized. Beefy computers can see lag. Amazing connections will still see latency problems.
* The phrase "Don't fix what isn't broken" is often seen in action.
* Most of the crafting in the game is worthless. You can skip over it till endgame and not suffer for it much at all.
* Just to keep up with most of the playerbase, you have to play for weeks to get daily rewards just to get VIP status to earn enough in-game currency to do anything.
I tried to enjoy the game and even joined an army (guild, clan, whatever you wanna call it) and ran around with them but it was already too late. I had seen the game poisoned for me beyond repair.
Now I rate this game 3/10. It's a waste of time.
As far as I am concerned, the only reason this game is still alive is because they have something that hasn't been done better yet. If someone came up with a game similar to this and actually did it justice, I would probably be all over it and I doubt there wouldn't be masses of players wanting in on it too.
TL;DR - This game isn't worth the headache, the time sink or the urge to pay into the game just to get a leg-up. Skip it over and wait for something better.