Buy StarForge Digital Deluxe
Buy StarForge Founders Club
September 9th, 2013
Update is out! You should see the update download automatically if you are logged into Steam.
Otherwise, if you have not waited a few minutes, try right clicking StarForge, clicking "properties", "local files" and then "verify integrity of game cache".
Check the changelog here.
August 29th, 2013
Get StarForge for 33% off during Steam Greenlight's 1st Anniversary.
Offer good until September 2nd.
"I’ve already played around with its insanely ambitious world-building and baddy-blasting, and I had seen that it was full of promise." -Rock Paper Shotgun
"I've played the game for a bit, and I must say: I am very excited for the future of StarForge." -Destructoid
"It’s remarkably ambitious, but the terrain manipulation already looks fantastic and outer space is gorgeous. This thing has “potential” scrawled all over it." -PC Gamer
Alpha-access – Be among the first to play StarForge, and help develop the game by providing valuable feedback.
Beta-access & Full Game – Play the StarForge Beta as soon as it is released, in addition to the Steam release of the completed game.
Digital Deluxe Edition
The Digital Deluxe Edition includes Alpha, Beta and Full Game access, as well as the following:
- Digital Soundtrack* – Enjoy the fully original StarForge soundtrack in high quality digital format.
- Digital Survival Guide* – Find tips on how to survive the new planet with a comprehensive guide.
- Digital Concept Art Book* – Enjoy all the concept art that goes into the making of StarForge in high resolution.
- Exclusive Digital Wallpaper Pack* - Get a bundle of exclusive StarForge high res desktop wallpapers.
* These items will only be available in English and will be distributed digitally upon full release of StarForge.
Join the Founders Club
Get Two Copies of the Game. Get Alpha, Beta, and Full Game access for both your copy and a gift copy you can give to a friend. Each copy has full Founders Club Perks.
- Founders Club Online Badge*
- Get all the Digital Deluxe Edition perks* - Digital Soundtrack, Digital Survival Guide, Digital Concept Art Book, Exclusive Digital Wallpaper Pack.
- Exclusive In-Game Founders Perks* - Enjoy a Unique In-Game Space Helmet, and receive an alternate version of the Axe, Pick-Axe, Pistol, and Winch Gun with unique Founders Skins.
- Get a Unique Space Station 3D Tileset* - Perfect for building your orbital empire.
- Instantly get 2 exclusive 3D Tilesets to play with In your game today - "Tree Fort" & "Autumn Leaves" and hide your fort in a shrub - like a true woodsman.
- Know you helped support StarForge in a major way.
- Choose to have your name listed in the Founders Club section of the in-game credits**
* These items will only be available in English and will be distributed digitally throughout the development of StarForge and upon full release.
** Name listing will be an automated system introduced before the full release of the StarForge. You will be able to opt into it in-game.
About the Game
A next-gen sandbox experience, StarForge is a game about gathering resources, building bases, crafting anything you want, and surviving on an alien planet. Earth's star is dying and humanity transferred as much technology and resources as possible and left on a one way mission to populate another planet. StarForge was inspired by Halo, Warcraft 3, Borderlands, Terraria, and Minecraft. It borrows elements from the RTS, FPS, RPG, Voxel Builder, Tower Defense, and Physics Sandbox genres.
Key Features in the StarForge Alpha:
Procedural Infinite Voxel Terrain - There are no set boundaries in StarForge; the planet will procedurally generate each time you start a new game. The terrain supports plains, canyons, deserts, snow, mountains, caves, overhangs, rocks, and much more. The world is infinite, meaning you will be able to run in a single direction for as long as your computer can support it. All of this with a massive view distance of over 50 kilometers.
Vehicle Gameplay - Hop on board a 4 wheeled all terrain vehicle with a friend and traverse the world.
Procedural Weapons - Infinite weapon possibilities await. Do you fancy a 11 barreled chaingun, a quad chainsaw, or just a massive machine gun? No matter how many chests you loot, odds are you'll find a unique weapon.
Seamless Ground to Space Gameplay - Build out to the far reaches of space, and then come back again. Do this all in real-time. There is no loading screens during gameplay in StarForge.
Procedural 3D Tileset - Build anything you want with our unique 3D Tilesets. You can create cities, towns, villages, bridges, forts, and much more. It is also fully destructible!
Physics Sandbox - We are designing every object in the world to be fully dynamic. This currently includes chopping down trees, resources, turrets, and enemies. It will soon include buildings, vehicles, ropes and much more.
Physics Movement - Our movement model is designed closely around the real bio mechanics of biped locomotion; The result is a more human look and feel, and a character that is equipped to intelligently react to dangers far beyond what conventional movement code was designed to handle. It also features a full body IK system.
Resources and Economy - There will be many different resources in StarForge. However, the player can only hold so much at a time. When the player can no longer hold what he mined, it will be placed on a palette. This makes resources tangible and gives you the ability to steal other players resources.
Multiplayer & SinglePlayer - We have both modes playable in the game. LAN is also supported.
Fort Defense - If you're feeling friendlier, you can co-op with your friends in Fort Defense, where you protect your vat from wave after wave of ravenous alien creatures. Building a solid defense is a great option, or you can just focus on firepower by looting all the chests that fall during each wave.
Creative Mode - Just have fun doing whatever you want. The ultimate sandbox.
Coming Soon (in Development)
Underground/Surface/Space Gameplay - Build a tower that ascends into the clouds, through the atmosphere, then into space, and do this in real-time. Build orbital stations, launch rockets, and explore the vastness of space. Then jump down and fall back to the surface and start digging down to the core of the planet.
Dynamic Building Support - Each material will soon have its own defense and weight settings as well. You will also be able to enter "Engineering Mode" and properly see the stress points on your building while your building it. If you do not build appropriately, then your building will collapse.
Fort Wars - If your the competitive type, you'll feel at home in Fort Wars, a game mode where two teams duke it out in their quest to destroy the opposing team's "vat". This will be the FPS + RTS fully realized.
Survival - Enjoy emergent gameplay where you land on the planet, meet other players and NPC survivors, build villages and go to war. Play whatever role you want, become a Soldier, Pirate, Thief, Architect, Miner, Trader, or just hideaway as a hermit. It's your world and you can do whatever you want in it.
Dynamic RPG like World - Enjoy dynamic weather patterns, a 24 day and night cycle, and a real time atmosphere. Creatures will also behave in a realistic matter, scavenge for food and return to their hives at different times of day.
Loot, Level Up, and Survive - Before the humans landed countless weapons and armor were sent to Atlas. You will find loot chests littered throughout the land, you will need their contents to survive.
Customizable Characters - We plan on allowing you to cloth and armor your character and change his or her appearance. You are unique and your character should be too.
More Vehicles, Enemies, Weapons, Blocks, Flight, Furniture, Fences, etc. - We are constantly developing new content. So you can decorate your house, make your fort tough, or build an airstrip and fly a plane to your cloud base.
- OS:Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista,7,8 (64 bit only)
- Processor:Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or 2.7 GHz AMD Athlon 64X2
- Memory:4 GB RAM
- Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM
- Hard Drive:900 MB HD space
- OS:Windows 7
- Processor:Quad core CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 565, Intel Core i5-750
- Memory:4 GB RAM
- Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or AMD Radeon HD 7750 with 1 GB VRAM or better
- Hard Drive:2 GB HD space
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
There are no public reviews for this product yet
You can write your own review for this product to share your experience with the community. Use the area above the purchase buttons on this page to write your review.