This was the biggest let down since brink. And believe me, when I saw how brink was when I bought it, I cried. Literally. Granted I was less mature then, but even now I could enjoy those let-down games such as brink. I could still enjoy it. NOT THE CASE WITH THIS. The developers had NO excuse whatsoever to even release this as an early alpha, let alone a full release. When you play this game, there will be some kind of texture glitch or wonkyness or failure in game coding that always appears after a matter of two minutes. There is no challenge- enemies are few and far between, are all very repetetive, and easy to kill nonetheless. Let's go over some of the "promises" the developing team fell short on:
1. A fully flexible creative mode; you can enter "creative" mode but it is no different than survival. Only difference is no enemies. You can die, and more insulting yet, when you open the crafting menu it tells you you have an infinite amount of resources; and it doesn't allow you to craft anything at all because you don't have enough resources.
2. A creative and enjoyable team fortress mode; the mediocre fortress defense I saw in the early alpha was not only neglected, but was removed entirely from the game! All I can conclude is that the developers were lazy in this regard.
3. Realistic movement with parkour!; Parkour physics were completely disabled. The movement is nothing short of pathetic; your character flails their arms around like they're doing an olympic 100 meter sprint when you so much as walk. I actually laughed when I crouched, and rather than bending it's knees, the character literally just SHRUNK. This game's movement is more wonky than goat simulator's, and goat simulator intentionally made their character physics as wonky as possible to be silly!!
4. SPACE!!!; Space exists, I'll give it that, but there is nothing significant about it. Nothing you could find in space you couldn't find in the ground. Getting there is extremely difficult. And once you get there, it is essentially nothing more than a picture meant to look like space with your character in a freefall.
5. Vehicles; it's really tough to explain, but they just aren't good. They aren't useful, and have some of the most shoddy physics I've ever seen.
6. Dynamic environment. I mean, I GUESS it exists. This is the only promise that was still upheld; however, it's garbage. You have to take a drill or thumper and stick it into the terrain, at which point all it essentially does is modify the terrain in a way that looks like youre changing the game's code.
7. Randomized, procedural weapon genertor; this is one of the saddest shortcomings, since the developers actually showed this off as a mostly working feature in the alpha. You would open a weapon crate, and out would come a gun with whatever design or a random number of barrels, or perhaps even a chainsaw with multiple blades. I thought "well it's mediocre, but they obviously are taking it seriously!" but no. THEY TOOK IT OUT ENTIRELY. There are five weapons in the game, all of which must be crafted and are not randomly generated whatsoever. Well, ten weapons, if you include the other five weapons that are basically just "rusty" versions of the other five.
The store page is honestly pathetic. Those promising quotes you see? Under the "reviews?" Those were from super early alpha, which was no way predicting of the game's current state. Something that is worth mentioning is the "loot and survive" element mentioned. You basically have to endlessly scour the terrain looking for the most ridiculously random crates just laying around. It's ridiculous at best.
I should say, to say this game's texture graphics look like something that came out of a hippopotamous's rear end would be VERY, VERY generous. This game makes my 2003 harry potter video game look like crysis.
And the icing, (icing made of fecal matter) on the cake? These developers are not only bad at developing games, but they are terrible as developers. If someone politely points out a criticism on the forums, a dev will literally, no joke or misquote, tell them to f**k off. We get it, you might be proud of your creation, but you're marketing it to real people for real money. As insulted as you might feel, there is no excuse to blindly assuming a customer is stupid because they don't like your game!!
Lastly, I feel like a should mention the tutorial. This game is extremely, EXTREMELY confusing to pick up. I saw it had a tutorial, I thought "oh sweet! A tutorial!" And it told me "wasd moves, space jumps, ctrl 'crouches', and you need a workbench to craft anything." Yeah, THANKS.
Overall, 0/10 I would rather spood feed my urethra with rusty needles and become an interspecies human centipede with various critters of the jungle. I would rather be forced to have an intimate moment with one of the bizarrely topheavy aliens in this game. I would rather stick a toothpick in my toenail and kick the wall. I would rather cut myself all over and jump in a pool of lemon juice, than I would like to give this game a review that is even 1% positive.