First of all I want to say that I didnt played the first Lost Planet game but I played the second one. I like Lost Planet 2 because it has its own style. Lost Planet 2 was "crazy" and I enjoyed the journey through the singleplayer campaign. I hoped Lost Planet 3 would have the same style but I got greatly disappointed.
- The assignment of keys was horrible in Lost Planet 2 but this time they really wrecked it. I changed the sh*tty layout but after that the most keys just didnt work correctly anymore. I changed the key layout to default because of this but I also had to start a new game cause nothing worked properly after I used a different layout.
- Default layout also dont work as well as it should.. Great work!Controls (again)
- I raged a lot because the game says at some quicktime events things like "Hold w/s/a/d" but in reality I have to press "F" several times. It really p*ssed me off. I even reinstalled the game because of this sh*t.Cover System
- The cover system works horribly. I even stopped using it because 1) It dont work well and 2) You dont need it.HUD
- I dont like the HUD. It dont show me the things I need in a acceptable way. And if you are too far away from your mech you will lose important things like the mini map.Enemies
- Sometimes enemys just appeared in front (sometimes even inside) of me
- The variety of enemys is a joke
- Grabbing enemys with the mech is so buggy
- Enemies often just stuck in something (especially the flying enemies)Boss Enemies
- "Boss Enemies" - or should I say "Boss Enemy"? Really you have to fight the same typ of Boss for uhm 3 times I think. Well maybe the crab looks a little bit different every time but it is the same stupid "crab thing" over and over again.
- One time the boss crab was invincible.. wasted 30 minutes.Weapons
- Boring weapons like shotgun, pistol or assault rifle. No crazy "Holy sh*t" weapons here..
- There are also just a few weapons for you. No fun!Map/World
- They call it "Open World".. I call it "Path between 2 loading zones"
- Loading zones.. so much loading...even with a strong PCPrice & DLC
- Overpriced DLCs
- Got the game during a sale and I am happy that I didnt pay the full price (40 euros - 1 year after release) because it is way too much for this game.Bugs
- There are some bugs in the game which can make you rage a lot (game breaking bugs like not triggering something are §/"§&$(%&$!!!)
- Other bugs are for example: Explosive weapons shell just explode after you shot for no reason so you hurt yourself a lot / cant shoot (only aim) with weapons / invisible walls (no I didnt reach the end of the map because I walked there 5 minutes ago without problems)Steam Connection
- You lost connection to steam for about 2 seconds? Well no connection to steam = playing not possible. The game will stop and throw you back to the main menu. Will the game saving the progress? Nope. Seriously why cant I play the game in singleplayer without a connection to steam? Windows Live
- Dont worry GFWL died and Lost Planet 3 uses Steamworks now. I still blame every studio which have chosen this GFWL sh*t!Multiplayer
- Is nearly dead. You will find some players in Team Deathmatch but the other modes are dead. Maybe you will find some players which are playing for achievements but normally you will not find anyone in a other game mode than Team Deathmacht
- Lost all my stats. Just got reseted and after that happend the new stats dont work correctly. Well I dont care that much because I dont got much after 4 hours MP
- Now I am in the "Top 1000" from the MP leaderboard again.. with 4 kills. Says a lot about activity.Savegame
- Only 1 save slot
- Savegame got wrong date (I think this is not the year 2013..)Other problems
- Subtitles (german) are sometimes incorrect
- Lip sync is bad
- The jokes which are made by the characters are really bad the most time
- You liked the mechs in Lost Planet 2? Yes? Well forget them you only get 1 boring mech with no third person view!
-Cant skip credits
- The game graphics are ok (not good for release 2013 but also not the worst)Story
- Story (I have to say that I didnt follow the Lost Planet story that much at all)
- I like Jim, his wife and the other women you will meet, I dont want to spoiler too much. You will know which one (psst I dont mean the annoying black b*tch) just in case you still want to play this game.Well I just tried to find something positive... actually I hate more characters in Lost Planet 3 than I like.
At the end I have to say: Dont buy this game for more than 5 euros! It is a boring game with so many problems. You can feel that this game was made for consols and not for the PC. Lost Planet 2 had a lot of problems too but it was much more fun than Lost Planet 3. The style of Lost Planet 3 reminds me a little bit at Dead Space 3. Also Lost Planet 3 failed as sequel just like Dead Space 3 did. Maybe the number "3" is cursed in the gaming industry and Gabe know it? Would explain why we will never see Half Life 3..
Back to topic: Do not buy this game. If you really want to buy it do not pay more than 5 euros and do not buy the DLCs!